Candies are the main item in Candy Crush Saga. Candies come in six colors; match at least three of them with the same color in a line to clear them for points. There are special candies, which are created by forming special configurations, and other special candies that appear on later levels but cannot be created. Each one has its effect.
Clearing candies in certain positions will also clear blockers, so you can open up the board and make gameplay easier.
These make up most of the game. Get at least 3 candies of the same color in a row to clear them and turn them into points.
The six different colours and shapes are:
|Yellow (rare, as 6-colored levels are being phased out)||Teardrop|
|Extra Moves Candy (retired)||
|Extra Time Candy (web-exclusive)||
Special candies can be combined to produce special amplified effects. (Note: The video does not show combinations with Special Candies - Jelly Fish, Coconut Wheel, and Lucky Candy.)
|Candy A||Candy B||Effects||Difficulty|
|Striped Candy||Striped Candy||Activates a Striped Candy in the direction of the swipe, and a perpendicular Striped Candy on the position at the end of the swipe.||Medium|
|Striped Candy||Wrapped Candy||
Becomes a "giant striped candy" and clears 3 rows and 3 columns in a cross formation centred at the end of the swipe.
|Striped Candy||Colour Bomb||Transforms all candies (including special candies as well) of that colour to Striped Candy, then activates them all.||Hard|
|Striped Candy||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 striped fish, which convert any eaten candy into Striped Candies and activates them.||Variable|
|Striped Candy||Coconut Wheel||Causes the Coconut Wheel to warp around the screen, reappearing on the other side, going in the same direction. It converts three candies to Striped Candies, then reappears, turning another three candies into Striped Candies and activates them.||Variable|
|Wrapped Candy||Wrapped Candy||A mass explosion created. Clears 24 candies (5×5 grid) around each Wrapped Candy, and causes all other candies to appear to be pushed back by the blasts.||Hard|
|Wrapped Candy||Colour Bomb||Former: Activates the Colour Bomb twice, the second colour selected is the most abundant.||Very Hard|
|Wrapped Candy||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 wrapped jelly fish which convert any eaten candy into Wrapped Candy.||Variable|
|Wrapped Candy||Coconut Wheel||Causes the Coconut Wheel to warp around the screen, reappearing on the other side, going in the same direction. Converts a whole row/column of candies into Wrapped Candies.||Variable|
|Colour Bomb||Colour Bomb||Clears the entire board of candies. Affects every blocker now except for sugar chests and chocolate spawners.||Extremely Hard|
|Colour Bomb||Jelly Fish||Former: Creates 3 colour bomb jelly fish, which convert any eaten candy into another jelly fish and activates them.
Current (since late 2019): Transforms all candies (including special candies as well) of that colour to Jelly fish and activate them. These fish do not split.
|Colour Bomb||Coconut Wheel||Converts a whole row/column of candies into Striped Candy and activates them. This effect is the same with a Coconut Wheel to Coconut Wheel combination.||Nearly Impossible|
|Jelly Fish||Jelly Fish||Nothing happens. Not a move.||Impossible|
|Coconut Wheel||Coconut Wheel||Converts the entire row or column to Striped Candy then does it again after they all have been activated. The Striped Candy always faces the opposite way.||Variable|
|Jelly Fish||Coconut Wheel||Nothing happens. Not a move.||Impossible|
- Green and blue candies are the only candies to never be left out of a level.
- Green candies are the only candies to have never been left out throughout the game. However, 3455 was a 1-coloured candy order level, featuring only blue candies. Since it caused infinite cascades due to lack of liquorice swirls after the level, it was changed to a 2-colour level.
- Blue candies also appear in every level. However, on HTML5, they were left out in 289 before they unified the candy colour formation with Flash.
- As two and one colour levels didn't exist at that time, red candies used to appear in every level in old HTML5. Yellow candies didn't appear in ordinary 3-colour levels such as 31 and 587, and on some cases, a 5-colour level like level 146, and a 4-colour level like level 289.
- All 5 colour levels exclude yellow candies. Before, the old HTML5 version usually excluded purple candies instead, except on special cases.
- All 4 colour levels exclude yellow and red candies. Before, the old HTML5 version usually excluded purple and orange candies instead.
- One exception is old 615, whose colour pattern was red, green, blue and purple.
- Only a few levels have less than 4 candy colours. Level 2424 is the first level with just two colors, the minimum possible (except for a few promotional levels). 3455 featured only one colour, but was changed to featuring two colours.
- One of the two-colour levels has an even "Nearly Impossible" difficulty, but no one is lower than "Hard."
- Currently, jelly drop down mixed level is the only level type to have no two-colour levels.
- In Glazed Grove, Tiffi feeds Freddie up with some red candies.
- In Nocturnal Nuisance, Tiffi uses another red candy to play with Freddie.
- A blue candy appears in Marmalade Meadow and is responsible for clogging Boomer's harvesting equipment.
- The face of the sunflower in the after story of the 56th episode, Candy Calaboose is replaced by a purple candy. (After the character of this episode has been changed to Benny instead of Mr. Raccoon)
- In Scrumptious Studio, there is a portrait with a yellow candy as the face.
- Six-colored levels are absent in the later episodes. A few later levels used to have six-colors but were nerfed (such as level 3059). As of March 2019, nearly all six-coloured levels have been nerfed to five colours. Only fourteen six coloured levels remain in the game. The last six coloured level that was ever released is level 3873, which was later nerfed to 5 colours.
- Currently, the last standard six-coloured level is 2521.
- In later levels, yellow candies can only appear from lucky candies as part of order.
- Yellow candies always use for non-spawning colour candies.
- Levels that are described as "x"-coloured levels are levels where "x" candies spawn normally (where "x" is the number of candy colours). Non-spawning colours can appear in later levels, due to coming out of lucky candies because they are required for the order or because they appear as part of a fixed layout but don't respawn.
- Candies, in general, have the tilemap code 002. Fixed candy colours make up the numbers 055 to 060 in the tilemap code.
- Red: 055
- Yellow: 056
- Blue: 057
- Green: 058
- Orange: 059
- Purple: 060
- Coloured candies are chronologically the first elements to be required for candy orders. Each colour has a separate order number, according to the files.
- Red: 1
- Blue: 2
- Yellow: 3
- Orange: 4
- Purple: 5
- Green: 6
- Coloured candies are required to unlock order locks from level 8049.