Candy is the main item in Candy Crush Saga. Candies come in six colors; match at least three of them with the same color in a line to clear them for points. There are special candies, which are created by forming special configurations, and other special candies that appear on later levels but cannot be created. Each one has its own effect.
Clearing candies in certain positions will also clear blockers, so you can open up the board and make gameplay easier.
These make up most of the game. Get at least 3 candies of the same color in a row to clear them and turn them into points.
The six different colours and shapes are:
|Extra Moves Candy||
|Extra Time Candy (retired)||
Special candies can be combined together to produce special amplified effects. (Note: The video does not show combinations with Special Candies - Jelly Fish, Coconut Wheel, and Lucky Candy.)
|Candy A||Candy B||Effects||Difficulty|
|Striped Candy||Striped Candy||Activates a Striped Candy in the direction of the swipe, and a perpendicular Striped Candy on the position at the end of the swipe.||Medium|
|Striped Candy||Wrapped Candy||
Becomes a "giant striped candy" and clears 3 rows and 3 columns in a cross formation centred at the end of the swipe.
|Striped Candy||Colour Bomb||Transforms all candies (including special candies as well) of that colour to Striped Candy, then activates them all.||Hard|
|Striped Candy||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 striped fish, which convert any eaten candy into Striped Candies and activates them.||Variable|
|Striped Candy||Coconut Wheel||Causes the Coconut Wheel to warp around the screen, reappearing on the other side, going in the same direction. It converts three candies to Striped Candies, then reappears, turning another three candies into Striped Candies and activates them.||Variable|
|Wrapped Candy||Wrapped Candy||A mass explosion created. Clears 24 candies (5×5 grid) around each Wrapped Candy, on Facebook, it also causes all other candies to appear to be pushed back by the blasts.||Hard|
|Wrapped Candy||Colour Bomb||Former: Activates the Colour Bomb twice, the second colour selected is the most abundant.||Very Hard|
|Wrapped Candy||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 wrapped jelly fish which convert any eaten candy into Wrapped Candy.||Variable|
|Wrapped Candy||Coconut Wheel||Causes the Coconut Wheel to warp around the screen, reappearing on the other side, going in the same direction. Converts a whole row/column of candies into Wrapped Candies.||Variable|
|Colour Bomb||Colour Bomb||Clears the entire board of candies. Affects every blocker now except for sugar chests and chocolate spawners.||Extremely Hard|
|Colour Bomb||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 colour bomb jelly fish, which convert any eaten candy into another jelly fish and activates them.||Variable|
|Colour Bomb||Coconut Wheel||Converts a whole row/column of candies into Striped Candy and activates them. This effect is the same with a Coconut Wheel to Coconut Wheel combination.||Variable|
|Jelly Fish||Jelly Fish||Nothing happens. Not a move.||Impossible|
|Coconut Wheel||Coconut Wheel||Converts the entire row or column to Striped Candy, then does it again after they all have been activated. The Striped Candy always face the opposite way.||Variable|
|Jelly Fish||Coconut Wheel||Nothing happens. Not a move.||Impossible|
- Green and blue candies are the only candies to never be left out of a level.
- Green candies are the only candies to have never been left out in all of Candy Crush history until very recently.
- Red candies used to appear in every level in iOS and Android. The same went for Yellow candies, except that they did not appear in 3-colour levels like level 31, a 5-colour level like level 146, and a 4-colour level like level 289.
- However, recently Level 3455 was a 1 coloured candy order level, but since it caused infinite cascades due to lack of licorice swirls, it was changed to a 2-color level. However, the 1 coloured version had no green candies.
- All 5 colour levels exclude yellow candies. The old mobile version usually excluded purple candies instead.
- All 4 colour levels exclude yellow and red candies. The old mobile version usually excluded purple and orange candies instead.
- One exception is old mobile 615, whose colour pattern was red, green, blue and purple.
- Only a few levels have less than 4 candy colours. Level 2424 is the first level with just two colors, the minimum possible (except for a few promotional levels)
- In Glazed Grove, Tiffi feeds Freddie up with some red candies.
- In Nocturnal Nuisance, Tiffi uses another red candy to play with Freddie.
- A blue candy appears in Marmalade Meadow and is responsible for clogging Boomer's harvesting equipment.
- The face of the sunflower in the after story of the 56th episode, Candy Calaboose is replaced by a purple candy. (After the character of this episode has been changed to Benny instead of Mr. Raccoon)
- In Scrumptious Studio, there is a portrait with a yellow candy as the face.
- Six-colored levels are absent in the later episodes. A few later levels used to have six-colors but were nerfed (such as level 3059). As of March 2019, nearly all six-coloured levels have been nerfed to five colours.
- Levels that are described as "x"-coloured levels are levels where "x" candies spawn normally (where "x" is the number of candy colours). It's possible for non-spawning colours to appear in later levels, due to coming out of lucky candies because they are required for the order or because they appear as part of a fixed layout but don't respawn.
- Candies in general have the tile map code 002. Fixed candy colours make up the numbers 055 to 060 in the tile map code.
- Red: 055
- Yellow: 056
- Blue: 057
- Green: 058
- Orange: 059
- Purple: 060
- Coloured candies are chronologically the first elements to be required for candy orders. Each colour has a separate order number, according to the files.
- Red: 1
- Blue: 2
- Yellow: 3
- Orange: 4
- Purple: 5
- Green: 6