Inactive users with specific rights may risk having their rights removed.
An Inactive user is one who has
- Made no edit in 3 months. or
- Had obtained the Inactive tag. or
- Made no specific user rights actions in 3 months.
Actions on specific user rights are (actions related to editing are excluded):
- Discussions moderator: Chat moderator's action, deleting a comment, removing a forum thread
- Content moderator: Protecting or deleting a page, moving pages or files
- Administrator: Discussions regarding moderator's action, content moderator's action, blocking a user, granting someone discussions moderator rights, etc.
- Bureaucrat: Administrator's action(if administrator rights is given), granting someone rollback, content moderator, administrator rights, etc.
However, if a user places a message on his/her message wall stating that he/she will be away for a period and giving an intended return date, then no action should be taken over inactivity until one month after that date.
There will also be a demoting process.
Demoting process as a result of inactivity
- A notice must be placed on the inactive user's message wall linking to the inactivity policy (which will be created soon) and why his/her user rights will be removed.
- Activity on chat can delay the process of rights removal.
- If the user does not respond to the notice within 30 days, the user rights will be removed.
- If the user responds to the notice but fails to meet the criteria above within the following 6 months, his/her user rights will be removed without any further notice.
A user who has been demoted due to inactivity will be given the status of a former user holding the rank (such as former administrator, etc.). Depending on the conditions, they can easily re-request for the same or lesser privileges provided that they have decided to come back to this wiki and have recovered to a reasonable activity level.
It is therefore recommended that the user becoming inactive should notify the community that their activity has reduced considerably on time of the inactivity notice.
- ↑ 3 months are calculated based on last contribution date. For example, if the user made last contribution as January 1, 2016, then the user is demoted if he/she doesn't make any edit until April 1, 2016.
- ↑ 3 months are calculated based on the date that last action is processed according to the user log.