This page may require updating as new events and themed events are introduced regularly, and the data might be selective or out of date.
An event may occur when the player joins the game on specific periods. One or more events can be active in the game, and some events are ongoing with no set end date. The completion of events usually yield stocked boosters, booster/life passes, and even gold.
Most events occur on the app version; only a few are still present on Flash. As of 2021, all events occur only on the HTML5 (mobile) version, and one can only participate in events after they have completed a certain number of episodes, especially the first two episodes. Note that boosters obtained through events are clientside on mobile and serverside on web, and the player might only receive the event on mobile and not on the web.
- For the list of all events, see here.
Many of the events have a common objective. Some events are ongoing, while others are specific to a certain period or even a certain day.
- Community events hosted on official forums
- Sales (Piggy Bank and Candy Chronicles)
- Limited Time Help
- Sugar Track (ongoing, no longer active)
- Tasty Treasure (with numerous variations)
- Cake Climb (with numerous variations)
- Treasure Ahead (ongoing, with numerous variations)
- Feed Didi/Feed Rami (ongoing, no longer active)
- Candy Necklace (with numerous variations)
- Collect Some Candy (with numerous variations)
- Tournaments ([[Dexter's with numerous variations)
- Fishing Season (no longer active)
- Star Tournament
- April Fool's Day (2020) (historically significant!)
Notable Past Events
- For HTML5 events, if the required levels are accessed from special screen, you may switch to Dreamworld and then open said screen from message box, and use Dreamworld lives to play (if it is available).
- As of HTML5 version v1.68 the events are no longer accessible if you switch to Dreamworld, unless the event button has appeared.
- As of v1.73, there is only one set of lives for both worlds. With the removal of Dreamworld, this is no longer true.
- If there is an operating event, the message box will have a red exclamation mark.
- As of mobile v1.68 or later, the message box will have a trophy icon during events.
- Formerly, level 252 was the ideal level for Collect Some Candy, as long as it does not require red or yellow candies. Level 435 is also good. If red candies are required, level 339 is an ideal one. For yellow candies, use level 4 or level 186.
- Previous candy collecting events might reward gold bars.
- Many events, like episodes, feature a character. They tend to be recurring characters, but characters which appeared in only one episode also appear in events.
- A few characters debuted in events shortly before their debute episode.
- Since mobile (HTML5) version 1.67, the star meter was removed from events. It is possible that stars are no longer relevant in events.
- Also since v1.67, some mobile (HTML5) events have a separate button to access from pathway map. Previously, only a Collect Some Candy (green candies) event had this feature.
- April Fools 2020 initially consisted of events providing a record-long unlimited lives pass in light of COVID-19, and announced other changes to the game. Ironically, the "prank" for this event was the rotating maps, which was officially implemented to the game, eliminating almost all episode characters from the map, and receiving significant negative reception from players.
- After April Fools 2020, several events and event themes explicitly mentions the systematic episode names and characters, such as Chocolate Climb referencing Chocolate Mountain.
- Characters eliminated after April Fools 2020 still may make occasional appearances. However, event characters after April Fools 2020 still tend to be either Mr.Toffee or the ten episode characters from the systematic episodes, or sometimes event-exclusive characters from Candy Crush All-Stars.