|“||Free Switch can swap two candies that don't match!||”|
Free Switch is a booster in Candy Crush Saga that is introduced in level 19. It can switch any two candies that do not match, as long as they are adjacent to each other. In the web version, it used to cost a move upon usage, but it no longer does, as of the Sour Salon release.
This booster is now available on iOS and Android as of the Ice Cream Caves update.
Old description: Switch two candies that don't match! Really!
Current description: Switch two candies that don't match! Use now!
Description on mobile devices: Switch any two candies without losing moves!
Description on mobile devices (during promotion): Don't miss that epic Candy Crush! Switch two candies that don't match and make impossible moves come true!
Web description: Switch two candies that don’t match
Web description 2: This allows you to switch two different candies without creating a match of three or more. A very strategic booster.
- The booster will be consumed upon switching any two moveable objects, even if this will cause a valid match.
- When switching two special candies, they will not combine but instead switch spots.
- Using the free switch on a colour bomb and another (special or normal) candy will not activate the colour bomb, but will instead switch it with the other candy.
- It is impossible to use free switch to switch candies from one side of the candy cane fence or candy cane curls to the other.
- A free switch can be used to switch an ingredient with another element. This can be useful in levels where ingredients spawn in columns without exits, and must be moved horizontally. If the ingredient is placed at the exit after using a free switch, it will be collected as well.
- Since using a free switch no longer uses up a move after the Sour Salon update on Facebook, you can use this as an extra "+1 move", when in a pinch, although you cannot set off special candy combinations in this way.
- It is currently impossible to cancel the Free Switch if you click on it. You will use one Free Switch all the same, even if you quit before using or failing.
- The hand is in a flat jelly formation with four fingers.
- There was a limited offer on mobile when Bonbon Baths and Sparkle Submarino were released on mobile.
- This booster is winnable from the daily booster wheel or through the sugar drop feature.
- In the Delectable Depths episode, Tiffi uses it to untangle Jem's tentacles.
- In the past, when you used a free switch, bombs would still count down and chocolate would still expand, since the free switch still counted as a move, like shuffling did. These things no longer occur, because the free switch no longer counts as a move.
- This booster appears for all level types.
- This is one of the newer boosters, and before its release, its spot on the daily booster wheel was another colour bomb booster.
|Candy Crush Saga Boosters|