It was introduced on September 19, 2013 with the release of the 33rd episode, Cherry Chateau. Gold was tested during spring and summer of 2013, before being added massively to many accounts, although not all accounts had gold bars.
On September 24, 2013, the game gave away 50 gold bars for free. In some events, you can earn gold bars from challenges. Meager amount of Gold bars are most commonly won as prizes, via the Sugar Drop Feature.
When you cursor on the icon, an inscription will show up: "Buy Gold Bars for your saga journey!".
List of items that use gold barsEdit
|Extra Lives (!)||Buy a full set of lives|
Warning: Not recommended under any circumstances!
(6h Infinite Lives)
|Tickets||Unlock the next episode directly without asking friends or waiting for help.|
Note: Not recommended unless you only play on web!
|9 (3 friends)|
Please note that some boosters are Web-exclusive. In mobile, only the smallest booster package is available. These prices are used if you have ran out the corresponding boosters.
|Item||Icon||Description||Price||Unit Price||Gold Only|
|Extra Moves||Add 5 extra moves!||10||10 (Booster)|
|Lollipop Hammer||Smash a candy!||×3: 19|
|Free Switch||Switch two candies that don't match!||×3: 29|
|Color Bomb||Start the game with Color Bomb!||×3: 9|
|Striped and Wrapped||Start the game with Striped & Wrapped Candy!||× 3: 19|
× 9: 49
|Jelly Fish||Adds Jelly Fish to the candy mix, which removes three pieces of jelly!||×3: 19|
|Coconut Wheel||Add Coconut Wheels to the candy mix!||×3: 39|
|Extra Time||Start the game with 15 extra seconds!||×3: 29|
|Lucky Candy||Transform into useful candy when removed!||×3: 19|
|Bomb Cooler||Add 5 to the countdown of all bombs!||×3: 19|
|Sweet Teeth||The Sweet Teeth eat their way through any candy, blockers or bombs that lie in their path.||×3: 79|
|Bubblegum Troll||Stops spawning chocolate for 5 moves!||×3: 39|
|Striped Brush||Paints pretty stripes on a candy of your choosing. Click to buy!||15||15||Yes|
|UFO (booster)||Summon a tasty UFO that zaps the board creating 3 wrapped candies that explode!||20||20||Yes|
|Party Popper Booster||Clears the board when activated, much like a cake bomb explosion and adds special candies.||30||30||Yes|
|Live Forever||You have unlimited lives. Play all you want before the time expires.|
Do not buy it directly!
|Obtained with other boosters|
|Release the Moon Struck to remove at least 1 candy colour for 5 moves.|
|Restore Odus the owl's balance to stop him from falling.||9||Yes|
|Shuffle things up!|| ||3||Yes|
List is currently incomplete, and only Yeti Shop bundles are shown below, which are Web-exclusive. More will be shown in the gallery below regarding consolation packages.
|Bombalicious Fishes||6 Colour Bombs and Jelly Fishes||53 (-5%)||4.42|
|Lollipop Hammers||6 Free Switches and Lollipop Hammers||85 (-11%)||7.08|
Owing to the considerable rarity of Gold Bars outside of real-money purchases, they should be used sparingly as almost all levels and (with very rare exceptions) every episode can be completed without the use of purchased tickets and boosters. The few impossible levels are normally redesigned so they do not stay impossible. Therefore, they have little use to most players besides bragging. One can consider gold itself as a booster.
Additionally, tickets can be obtained by either playing Mystery Quests or simply waiting, whereas random boosters can be obtained through the Booster Wheel, Sugar Drops, or Events.
The most reasonable way to use Gold Bars is to buy stockable boosters not attainable through more common means, and to serve as a consolation to an "Oh No!".
Note: Never, ever, EVER buy Extra Lives under any circumstances. This is considered completely wasteful, as Lives themselves have zero tactical value or worth, and they can easily be obtained through other methods.
These items can only be obtained by using Gold besides rare offers and getting them initially.
- Extra Moves (5)
- Bomb Cooler (5)
- Sweet Teeth (Web only)
- Bubblegum Troll (Web only)
- Extra Time (both platforms, all varieties)
- Moon Struck
- Consolation boosters
- Restore Balance
- Extra Time
- Striped Candy
- All higher levels of Extra Moves, Extra Time, and Bomb Cooler boosters
- The player receives 50 gold bars at the end of Candy Town. Before 2014 a player received 10.
- There was previously no other possible way to obtain gold bars other than the first 50, Facebook, in-app purchase, or through hacking. However, now there are some ways to earn gold bars for free without hacking. The first way is completing challenge (collect red or green candies, see the gallery below), and the second is playing sugar drop mode. The third way is to synchronise the progress when downloading/starting the game first time on another platform (PC or mobile), which gives another 50.
- This was one of the trickiest items to receive in the game, along with the jackpot from the Daily Booster Wheel. Fortunately, it is a moderately common prize in Sugar Drop and mobile events, though very meager amounts can be earned.
- Occasionally, if a player buys something with gold, he/she may get infinite lives for two hours.
- The Secondary Wheel has been removed so players can no longer earn Gold Bars from that.