Ingredients levels (also known as Ingredient drop levels) is one of the seven level types in Candy Crush Saga. This level type's icon is green with a white arrow pointing downwards. Ingredients levels first appear in Candy Factory, the second episode, with the first ingredient level being level 17.
Ingredients levels are the fourth most common level type, making up 15.71% of Reality levels at 1936 non-mixed appearances out of the 12320 levels. Adding the 2581 mixed appearances, there are 4517 appearances in total (36.66% of all levels).
In Dreamworld, they make up 27.22% of the levels, with 181 total appearances out of the 665 levels.
The current trend is 0-2 ingredient levels per episode. Some earlier episodes have 5, and Bubblegum Bridge has 7. Wafer Wharf has only one ingredient level. However, Blueberry Brush, Bonbon Beanstalk and Apricot Alley does not even have one ingredient level. Most episodes between Chocolate Barn and Waffle Workshop have either 3 or 4 ingredient levels. Most episodes in World 12 to World 20 of Flash also have around 3 to 4 ingredient levels. Precious Pond has 6 ingredient levels, and is one of the few episodes with more ingredient levels than jelly levels.
To win an ingredients level, the player must collect all required ingredients by bringing them all down to the bottom of the board (or anywhere where there is a green arrow). In some levels, only one ingredient is needed, and in others, up to 18 ingredients are needed.
There are 2 types of ingredients a player will have to bring down: cherries and hazelnuts. Some levels require cherries, some require hazelnuts, and some require both. Currently no functional difference exists between the 2 types of ingredients. A certain number of each will have to be brought down to complete the level. 10,000 points are awarded for each ingredient collected.
The ingredients fall like normal candies. They come in through the top of the board, usually after another ingredient has been cleared. Some levels start with the ingredients already on the board, and in levels 217 and above, sometimes the ingredients come out of a dispenser.
When all ingredients have been collected, a striped candy is made for every move remaining, giving 3,000 points for each. Then each of the striped candies activate themselves.
Ingredients such as hazelnuts and cherries will appear on the board at various points throughout the level. On the side of the board you’ll see how many of each ingredient you need to collect. If you do not collect all the ingredients (bring them to the bottom of the board) before running out of moves, you will fail the level.
When you cursor on the ingredient at the middle left of the game, an inscription will show up like the gallery below:
Ingredient Drop levels are generally easier than jelly levels and sometimes easier than candy order levels. They were considered overall more difficult than Timed levels. Like all level types, earlier ingredients levels are easier than later ones.
Many ingredient drop levels are easy. They generally have few colors, and many, even later ones, such as level 439, are easy and almost pointless. But like all level types, there ARE difficult ingredient drop levels, but they are quite a few of them.
Certain levels do have misplaced ingredients. Switching an ingredient left or right is the hardest thing to do when it comes to ingredient levels because only a few arrangements allow such switching. This requires luck and future prediction to set up a horizontal ingredient switch. Levels such as 315, 409, etc. require switching or else a player will not win the level. The levels do not top out to be extremely hard but they are still very hard to manage. Luckily, these levels are not as common as extremely hard jelly levels.
However, when you do get a difficult ingredient drop level, they are VERY DECEIVING! They often look easy when they aren't. This can lead to players feeling stupid and bad about themselves if they don't realize the level is generally hard for the community. There are many examples of deceivingly difficult ingredient drop levels, such as 1110 and, formerly, 181, 325, 361, and 500 to name a few. These levels often contain hidden difficulties which may not be so obvious when playing the level for the first time. This sneaky aspect of ingredient drop levels has led many people to quit and many others to rage.
Ingredient Levels are harder in Dreamworld. Although the hardest level in Dreamworld is not often an Ingredient level, there are many consistently hard levels in Dreamworld.
More ingredients are required to complete most levels. Level 383 is an example. Also, there are fewer moves given. The hardest part about these levels is usually only 1 ingredient can spawn on the board. That means that a large cascade is wasted if the ingredient is just as close as 1 square away from the exit. This is the reason why 87 was voted as the hardest level in the Dreamworld before it was nerfed. Level 272 is also another notorious level because of this.
Other very hard ingredient levels in Dreamworld are 325, 376, 409 and 587.
- About 1 in 6 levels are ingredients levels. This means an episode has an average of one to three Ingredients levels.
- On the web version, the drop down will disappear after you passed level, but on the mobile version, they don't disappear.
- It's impossible to score fewer than 10,000 points on an Ingredients level as bringing down an ingredient will score a player 10,000 points. It is impossible to score less than 100,000 points on an Ingredients level that requires ten or more ingredients.
- Originally, the in-game text said "Bring all ingredients down to the bottom!". It was changed to "Collect all the ingredients." at the release of Honey Highlands.
- That was probably because some levels had stuck zones, so the ingredient wouldn't be collected despite it being in the bottom.
- It is unknown if there will be a 2-coloured ingredients level.
- Bubblegum Bridge had 7 ingredients levels - more than any other episode.
- There is a chain of 3 ingredients levels starting at Twilight Egg's ending to the 2nd level of Crazy Crossing, another one at Dizzy Dessert, Toffee Tower, and Caramel Clearing. The longest chain of ingredients levels is at Marmalade Meadow, with 4.
- Meringue Moor has 5 ingredient levels (including level 500). This is the first level to have more than four since Crunchy Castle. They are separated by 17 episodes.
- Ingredients levels used to be the only levels where the coconut wheel could appear, but starting at level 824, coconut wheels can appear in any level type.
- In most cases, the required target score is equal to the points awarded when all ingredients are dropped, for example, if you must drop 4 ingredients, then the target score will be 40,000, making the level impossible to fail because of not reaching the target score.
- The music used in iOS and Android is the Timed levels from the web version.
- For a long time, ingredients levels were the second most common level type, now mixed mode levels are more common than ingredients levels.
- Ingredients exits have the tilemap code 010.
In September 2015, there was a confirmed glitch on Facebook wherein some levels the ingredients didn't drop until the very last moves of the level, and some didn't drop at all, causing the level to be impossible to complete. This has been known to affect some players on Level 264/Dreamworld, Level 376, Level 378, Level 390, Level 428, Level 495, Level 500, Level 551, Level 581/Dreamworld, and Level 587. It is unknown what caused the glitch, but it was fixed in early October.
Notable ingredients levels
- Level 17 - First ingredients level.
- Level 18 - The first ingredients level with one-layered frostings.
- Level 64 - The first ingredients level where the number of ingredients is more than what is required.
- Level 200 - Inspiration for Sweet Surprise, milestone level number.
- Level 301 - The level requiring the second highest number of ingredients - 51.
- Level 417 - 100th ingredients level
- Level 500 - Used to be a level with most moves in the game at 65 moves.
- Level 554 - Unofficially the first ingredients level with custom colour scheme due to redesigning.
- Level 587 - One of only four levels in the first 2000 to contain just 3 candy colours. The others are 31, 621, 1020, and 1108.
- Level 600 - Milestone level, and contains the first 3 item dispenser
- Level 700 - Another milestone level. Along with level 696, it used to have the largest number of moves in the game: 75. It has been buffed and now has 45 moves.
- Level 910 - The level used to have the highest three-star target score at 9,000,000 points. Currently, the three-star target is largely nerfed to 400,000 points.
- Level 1247 - The first ingredients level with jelly fish, also one of the EH levels
- Level 1688 - The first ingredients level that coincides with jelly (Mixed).
- Level 1893 - 500th ingredients level.
- Level 2005 - Currently the first NI ingredients level.
- Level 2040 - The first ingredients level with mystery candy dispensers (the only one of the three new dispensers which can appear in any level type).
- Level 2409 - The first ingredient level with bobbers.
- Level 2818 - The last ingredients level on the Flash version.
- Level 2827 - First HTML5-exclusive ingredients level.
- Level 3252 - First ingredients level with candy cane fences.
- Level 3503 - First ingredients level with toffee swirls.
- Level 3717 - First ingredients level with dark chocolate.
- Level 4089 - First ingredients level with candy cane curl.
- Level 4206 - Formerly the first ingredients level with extra moves candies.
- Level 4597 - First ingredients level with crystal candies.
- Level 4743 - 1000th ingredients level.
- Level 5128 - First ingredients level with colour bomb cannons.
- Level 5676 - First ingredients level with rainbow twists and first level with rainbow twists overall.
- Level 5871 - The first ingredients level that coincides with candy order (Mixed).
- Level 6534 - First ingredients level with bubblegum pops.
- Level 7624 - First ingredients level with liquorice curls.
- Level 7899 - First ingredients level with order locks.
- Level 8032 - First ingredients level with sour skulls.
- Level 8122 - 1500th ingredients level.
- Level 8466 - The first ingredients level that coincides with rainbow rapids (Mixed).
- Level 8787 - First ingredients level with bonbon blitz.
- Level 9004 - Officially the first ingredients level with custom colour scheme. Also the 1600th ingredients level.
- Level 9534 - The level requiring the second highest number of ingredients - 50.
|Candy Crush Saga level types|