|“||Swedish Fish can eat any candy, but difficult candies are their favorite.||”|
- This page is about special candy. For the booster, see Jelly Fish (booster).
- Not to be confused with Jellyfish (character).
Jelly fish (also known as Swedish fish in parts of the game) is a special candy in Candy Crush Saga.
This candy used to appear only in jelly levels, but starting from level 41, it can appear in any level type. Since said level, they can also appear in marmalade. For the first part of the game, they can only be seen during the jelly level's Sugar Crush or as a booster. Starting in the 17th episode, Chocolate Barn, a jelly fish could come out of a mystery candy before they were removed.
It is impossible to create jelly fish by matching normal candies.
Jelly fish are like normal candies in that they will have a normal colour and will need to be activated. When activated, they will swim off the screen, while an ominous tune plays, three new jelly fish swim onto the screen and eat three squares at random that contain a target object. Usually, the target is jelly, such that each hit will reduce one layer, but in some levels, they might target another object according to a priority list of the level.
If there is jelly under a blocker (including cake bomb), the fish will go under the blocker and take a layer off the jelly and the blocker. Liquorice swirls and liquorice locks are exceptions that they would not take out as they only take out the blocker but not jelly. (On mobile, they would not take out jelly under the blocker, even when it's a liquorice swirl or lock).
If there are fewer than three targets on the board, then the jelly fish will eat a candy at random.
During the Sugar Crush for jelly levels, for every move left, three jelly fish of random colours swim onto the screen and eat candies at random, giving 1,020 points. It will give an additional 500 points if it eats a candy bomb. However, for those jelly fish staying in the field before counting remaining moves (or spawned from bobbers), they will only eat candies and give 20 points.
Like other special candies, jelly fish can be mixed with other special candies to give even bigger effects. These valid combinations will go through liquorice locks and turn the candy below into something else.
- Level 39 - First appearance of jelly fish and jelly fish cannons.
- Level 41 - First appearance in ingredients levels.
- Level 47 - First level with jelly fish order due to redesigning.
- Level 251 - First 6 coloured level with jelly fish (formerly, before 6 coloured levels being phased out).
- Level 358 - Due to redesigning, it's the first level where jelly fish order appears alongside another order.
- Level 613 - First moves level with jelly fish.
- Level 797 - First level with locked jelly fish (officially).
- Level 891 - First level with jelly fish in sugar chests.
- Level 965 - First level where jelly fish have a fixed colour.
- Level 990 - First 4 coloured level with jelly fish (officially).
- Level 1253 - First level with jelly fish on the board, not encased in any blockers.
- Level 1640 - Originally the first moves level with jelly fish.
- Level 1832 - First timed level with jelly fish (before the removal of timed levels).
- Level 1849 - First jelly-ingredients mixed level with jelly fish.
- Level 2406 - First level with bobbers (an element which spawns jelly fish).
- Level 3000 - Officially the first level with jelly fish order.
- Level 3062 - Officially the first level where jelly fish order appears alongside another order.
- Level 3073 - Formerly the first five-coloured level with jelly fish order, until the level was redesigned.
- Level 3211 - First level requiring jelly fish order that can only be fulfilled by opening lucky candies, since there are no bobbers on the board.
- Level 3363 - First level requiring jelly fish order where jelly fish are on the starting board.
- Level 3807 - First jelly-order mixed level with jelly fish order.
- Level 4309 - First jelly-order mixed level with jelly fish on the board.
- Level 4599 - The first level to feature jelly fish with a non-spawning colour and first level to feature yellow jelly fish when said colour doesn't spawn.
- Level 4657 - First level to feature jelly fish in crystal candies.
- Level 4925 - The first level to feature jelly fish with a non-spawning colour in sugar chests.
- Level 5352 - Officially the first level with jelly fish cannon.
- Level 5987 - First ingredients-order mixed level with jelly fish order.
- Level 6099 - The first level to feature jelly fish with a non-spawning colour in marmalade.
- Level 6148 - First level to feature jelly fish in sugar coats.
- Level 6258 - The first level to feature red jelly fish when said colour doesn't spawn.
- Level 7899 - First level where jelly fish order is required to unlock order locks.
- Level 8155 - First level to feature jelly fish in skull pedestals.
- Level 8511 - First rapids-order mixed level with jelly fish order.
- Level 8616 - First level to feature jelly fish with a non-spawning colour in skull pedestals.
- Level 8776 - First level with jelly fish bonbon blitz.
- Level 9040 - First level with a different colour scheme where jelly fish appear.
- Level 10001 - First level where specific-coloured jelly fish spawn from cannons.
- The key to winning levels 285 and 342 is mixing a jelly fish and a colour bomb.
- Although striped fish, wrapped fish and dotted (colour bomb) fish can only be made by combining jelly fish with their respective special candies it is possible that striped, wrapped and colour bomb jelly fish may naturally appear on the board or in blockers in a later level.
- Currently, the jelly fish + jelly fish and jelly fish + coconut wheel combinations don't exist, though they may be added at a later date, similarly to how liquorice shells couldn't be destroyed with the lollipop hammer at first, but now, it can after an update.
- For the liquorice shells, jelly fish avoid them even if there are jellies below. The same happened on the magic mixer, but only on old mobile versions.
- There is truly a glitch when you make a move which triggers a jelly fish, after the jelly fish finished his actions, if you wait for a hint, the game will give you a matchless move. It does not happen on mobile.
- Since an unknown update on mobile, jelly fish can hit liquorice shells.
- If the fish will eat a candy which is near to them, they will swim very slowly. If it goes to a candy which is far, it will swim fast. In any case, they will swim for the same time length.
- Jelly Fish may look like hard candy, although it's likely meant to resemble Swedish Fish, a soft wine gum candy.
- If you combine a colour bomb with a striped candy, and there are jelly fishes of the same colour of the striped candy on the board, they will not be triggered normally, but will be transformed into striped candies as well. This also happens to combinations with jelly fish.
- Only one jelly fish can attack one square at a time. This may prove problematic for levels such as level 280.
- Jelly Fish can also eat other jelly fish left, setting them go, unless the incoming Jelly Fish is with a combination, in which case the combination effect activates first.
- This is a rare occurrence: If a cascade has stopped during the process of a jelly fish, the fish in action will be counted into a new cascade phase and may form a new sugar drop.
- After Drizzly Dale was released, jelly fish no longer appear in only jelly levels.
- Jelly Fish appear in Delicious Drifts where they are frozen in a giant ice cube and Paul wants to get them out.
- Jelly Fish is one of the special items to have appeared as a character in the game. The other item is the candy frog which appears in Glazed Grove.
- Tiffi eats 500 of these a day because it is good for her joints.
- In level which contains candy bombs, if jelly fish is activated when the bomb has reached zero, it's counted as game over, although the jelly fish is about to destroy jellies at that move. However, this happens only on web versions.
- A rare case on the mobile version is that, if too many jelly fish are made from remaining moves, the chance is that some of the fish will land on an empty tile and give exactly 1,000 points. This can be seen in 585 if you use a colour bomb + striped candy comb.
- Before converting moves into fish, if a remaining jelly fish lands on an empty tile, it scores 0 points.
- However, on the web version (1132 for example), fish landing on an empty tile will score 0 points, even during Sugar Crush.
- The title screen of the old mobile version has a red jelly fish among many common candies. It was also the only special candy on that screen.
- Jelly Fish can eat any kind of candy, but difficult candies are their favorite.
- On the web version, if a jelly fish hits a piece of locked chocolate, both the chocolate and the lock will be destroyed at the same time. This does not happen on mobile.
- Jelly fish can be required as part of the order in candy order levels, starting from level 3000. They are the first element to be required as part of the order on HTML5 only.
- Striped jelly fish, wrapped jelly fish and colour bomb jelly fish can be found in the files, suggesting the may be able to appear on the starting board in the future. However, it's unlikely they will, since they appear before Dark Chocolate in the tile map code, implying that they were planned to be introduced around 2018, but never were.
- Regular jelly fish have the tilemap code 049.
- Jelly fish have the order number "21".
- Jelly fish can spawn from candy cannons from level 5352.
- Jelly fish order is required to unlock order locks from Level 7899.
- Both jelly-order mixed levels and rapids-order mixed levels require jelly fish order in their debut.
- Jelly fish order is the only order to be introduced in 2017.
- Jelly fish are one of the elements to be tied to the Bonbon Blitz. Jelly fish bonbon blitz first appears in level 8776.
|Candy Crush Saga special candies|