New levels are released every week
There are more than 4000 levels in Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga currently holds 9800 levels in 654 episodes on the HTML5 version (90 more levels on Windows 10 App version), but some players have more levels to play due to the testing. Flash version, on the other hand, had 2825 levels and 189 episodes, but Adobe Flash Player was discontinued on 31 December 2020. Each episode has 15 levels except for Candy Town and Candy Factory, which only have 10 each.
New levels are usually being released every week, particularly on Wednesday.
There were 665 levels in 45 episodes in Dreamworld, which every episode also has 15 levels except for Sleepy Slopes and Funky Factory which only have 10, but Dreamworld was entirely removed from the game.
In Candy Crush Saga, there are six different types of levels:
- Moves : get a certain amount of points in a certain number of moves.
- Jelly : clear all the jelly on the board.
- Ingredients : bring all the ingredients down to the exits.
- Candy Order : collect all orders by collecting wanted items.
- Mixed Mode : a mix between two level types.
- Rainbow Rapids : clear the path to collect rainbow candies.
|Moves||Level 1||187 (1.91%)|
|Jelly||Level 6||2782 (28.39%)|
|Ingredients||Level 11||1684 (17.18%)|
|Candy Order||Level 31||2003 (20.44%)|
|Mixed Mode||Level 350||2872 (29.31%)|
|Rainbow Rapids||Level 7116||286 (2.92%)|
- Main article: Sugar Crush
The different level types bring different Sugar Crush effects at the end.
- Moves: Starting from 1.153, upon reaching the one-star target score, Sugar Crush will start automatically, and the remaining moves will be converted into striped candies and will activate, just like ingredients, candy order and mixed levels.
- Jelly: for every move remaining, three jelly fish come on the screen and start eating the candies at random, giving you 2,040 points each.
- Ingredients/Candy Order/Mixed Mode/Rainbow Rapids: all levels have the same effect. For every move remaining, a candy at random will become a striped candy, giving an extra 6,000 points for every striped candy. Then they all activate.
The Dreamworld was a world separated from the main game that contained levels 1 to 665. They were usually exact replicas of the original levels except with more blockers on the board, introduced earlier.
Check out Dreamworld levels for more specific information.
Some levels are milestone levels for a certain level type.
- For the moves levels,
- For the jelly levels,
- The 100th jelly level is level 243.
- The 200th jelly level is level 467.
- The 300th jelly level is level 672.
- The 400th jelly level is level 876.
- The 500th jelly level is level 1070.
- The 600th jelly level is level 1249.
- The 700th jelly level is level 1448.
- The 800th jelly level is level 1722.
- The 900th jelly level is level 2112.
- The 1000th jelly level is level 2428.
- The 1100th jelly level is level 2708.
- The 1200th jelly level is level 2971.
- The 1300th jelly level is level 3278.
- The 1400th jelly level is level 3615.
- The 1500th jelly level is level 3975.
- The 1600th jelly level is level 4414.
- The 1700th jelly level is level 4866.
- The 1800th jelly level is level 5240.
- The 1900th jelly level is level 5629.
- The 2000th jelly level is level 6036.
- The 2100th jelly level is level 6441.
- The 2200th jelly level is level 6894.
- The 2300th jelly level is level 7446.
- The 2400th jelly level is level 8033.
- The 2500th jelly level is level 8580.
- The 2600th jelly level is level 9171.
- The 2700th jelly level is level 9780.
- For the ingredients levels,
- The 100th ingredients level is level 387.
- The 200th ingredients level is level 729.
- The 300th ingredients level is level 1097.
- The 400th ingredients level is level 1446.
- The 500th ingredients level is level 2005.
- The 600th ingredients level is level 2751.
- The 700th ingredients level is level 3321.
- The 800th ingredients level is level 3827.
- The 900th ingredients level is level 4334.
- The 1000th ingredients level is level 4862.
- The 1100th ingredients level is level 5424.
- The 1200th ingredients level is level 6025.
- The 1300th ingredients level is level 6715.
- The 1400th ingredients level is level 7504.
- The 1500th ingredients level is level 8380.
- The 1600th ingredients level is level 9194.
- For the candy order levels,
- The 100th candy order level is level 360.
- The 200th candy order level is level 819.
- The 300th candy order level is level 1420.
- The 400th candy order level is level 1802.
- The 500th candy order level is level 2156.
- The 600th candy order level is level 2520.
- The 700th candy order level is level 2924.
- The 800th candy order level is level 3289.
- The 900th candy order level is level 3639.
- The 1000th candy order level is level 4052.
- The 1100th candy order level is level 4594.
- The 1200th candy order level is level 5092.
- The 1300th candy order level is level 5597.
- The 1400th candy order level is level 6170.
- The 1500th candy order level is level 6781.
- The 1600th candy order level is level 7465.
- The 1700th candy order level is level 8124.
- The 1800th candy order level is level 8742.
- The 1900th candy order level is level 9457.
- For the mixed mode levels,
- The 100th mixed mode level is level 2174.
- The 200th mixed mode level is level 2690.
- The 300th mixed mode level is level 3202.
- The 400th mixed mode level is level 3748.
- The 500th mixed mode level is level 4095.
- The 600th mixed mode level is level 4389.
- The 700th mixed mode level is level 4695.
- The 800th mixed mode level is level 5007.
- The 900th mixed mode level is level 5320.
- The 1000th mixed mode level is level 5645.
- The 1100th mixed mode level is level 5934.
- The 1200th mixed mode level is level 6161.
- The 1300th mixed mode level is level 6400.
- The 1400th mixed mode level is level 6631.
- The 1500th mixed mode level is level 6865.
- The 1600th mixed mode level is level 7066.
- The 1700th mixed mode level is level 7355.
- The 1800th mixed mode level is level 7613.
- The 1900th mixed mode level is level 7858.
- The 2000th mixed mode level is level 8120.
- The 2100th mixed mode level is level 8359.
- The 2200th mixed mode level is level 8545.
- The 2300th mixed mode level is level 8768.
- The 2400th mixed mode level is level 8963.
- The 2500th mixed mode level is level 9144.
- The 2600th mixed mode level is level 9328.
- The 2700th mixed mode level is level 9501.
- The 2800th mixed mode level is level 9687.
- For the rainbow rapids levels,
- Many people considered jelly levels the hardest level type before mixed levels were introduced.
- Timed levels were the only levels in which you were not pressured by the number of moves you had. However, you had to make quick decisions to earn more stars.
- Every level in the first 200 besides level 11 has been redesigned at some point.
- Level 200, 300, 800, 1100, 1500, 1800, 2300, 2700, 2900, 3200, 3500, 3600, 3800, 4900, 5400, 5500, 5800, 6000, 6100, 6500, 6600, 6800, 7400, 7600, 8100, 8500, 8800, 8900, 9300 and 9400 are jelly levels.
- Level 100, 500, 600, 700, 1300, 1400, 1600, 2500, 2800, 3100, 3400, 4700, 5100, 5300, 6700, 8400 and 9600 are ingredients levels.
- Level 400, 900, 1000, 1200, 1900, 2000, 2400, 2600, 3000, 4300, 4400, 5000, 6300, 8200 and 8700 are candy order levels.
- Level 1700, 2200, 3300, 3700, 3900, 4000, 4100, 4200, 4500, 4600, 4800, 5200, 5600, 5700, 5900, 6200, 6400, 6900, 7000, 7100, 7200, 7700, 7800, 8000, 8300, 8600, 9000, 9100, 9200, 9500, 9700 and 9800 are mixed levels.
- Level 7300, 7500 and 7900 are rainbow rapids levels.
- Level 2100 is a moves level.
- No milestone was ever a timed level.
- The most hated level type is jelly level. Jelly levels are hated in many ways and is a reason the game is hard. They are also very common.
- The episode with the least Jelly levels in Reality is Wafer Wharf (episode 10) with only two. The most are Easter Bunny Hills (episode 6), Sticky Savannah (episode 37), and Nougat Noir (episode 57), with 9, and Truffle Terrace (episode 59), with 10 and Minty Meadow (Episode 64) with 12.
- The episode with the most Candy Order levels in Reality is Wafer Wharf with 10. In Dreamworld, it is Sparkle Submarino with 11.
- Level 295 and 327 have correctly the same layout with the only difference being the number of jellies. This has happened two other times in the 600s, but each has resulted in the higher level of the pair being replaced with a different type. Before this, no levels had been redesigned to a different type.
- Level 65 became so famous once that several other levels based on level 65 were created, including 320 and 430.
- Pre-nerf level 350, 440, 530, and 1520 are excruciating jelly levels that are world finales.
- All the level numbers ending in 65 except 665 are hard or very hard. Level 65 used to be the most hated one ever, level 165 used to be a very hard candy order level, level 265 used to be a hard jelly level, level 365 used to be a very hard candy order level, level 465 is a hard ingredients level, level 565 is a hard jelly level, and level 765 used to be a very hard jelly level. However, this trend was broken when level 865 was released.
- Most world finales are jelly levels.
- Levels that contain the numbers 1, 4, 7 have a pattern in which they form a hard level. Level 147, Pre-nerf level 417, and 471 are all hard levels.
- Levels in the iOS version are marked by a bubble looking element. Once the bubbles were opaque, but after the Meringue Moor update in late January 2014, the bubbles became translucent and more colourful.
- Levels ending in 47 (x47) are usually somewhat hard or harder.
- Level 147 used to be a nearly impossible jelly level.
- Level 347 used to be an extremely hard candy order level with a high amount of orders.
- Level 447 used to be a hard jelly level where mystery candies can be quite troublesome.
- Level 547 used to be a somewhat hard jelly level due to the awkward layout. And it is very hard now.
- Level 647 is an extremely hard order level due to chocolate, frosting, 45 moves and 5 colours.
- Level 747 used to be an extremely hard jelly level due to six colours, chocolate fountains, liquorice swirls, and gaps in the board. It is still a hard jelly level.
- Level 947 used to be a somewhat hard jelly level due to the low amount of moves.
- Level 1147 is a somewhat hard ingredient level.
- Level 1247 is an extremely hard ingredient level.
- Level 1347 used to be a very hard ingredient level due to the huge amount of five-layered frosting and popcorns.
- Level 1447 is a somewhat hard candy order level due to the blocker orders being hard to fulfill.
- Level 1547 is another somewhat hard candy order level due to the frosting required located in the opposite of the board.
- Level 1647 is a very hard ingredient level due to limited moves and the ingredient path can be blocked by chocolate from chocolate fountains.
- Level 1747 used to be very hard, but was nerfed to Medium.
- Level 1847 is a somewhat hard mixed mode level due to a high amount of blockers protecting a candy frog needed to pass this level and few moves.
- Level 1947 used to be a hard moves level due to the board having six colours and a very high target score.
- Level 2047 is an extremely hard mixed level due to the five-layered frosting blocking the hard to reach ingredient path and jellies inside them, and very few moves limit (30).
- Level 2147 is an extremely hard jelly level due to the isolated jellies protected by popcorns and many blockers on the main board covering a candy frog essential to the level.
- Level 2247 is a very hard jelly level due to a limited amount of moves, small board and many blockers covering the jellies.
- Level 2347 is an extremely hard candy order level due to very difficult orders.
- Level 2447 is an extremely hard mixed level due to the large amount of jellies and ingredients path located on the unreachable part of the board and sachets covering them.
- Level 2547 is a hard ingredient level due to limited moves to deal with many blockers.
- Level 2647 is a very hard jelly level due to limited moves and a restricted board.
- Level 2747 is a somewhat hard mixed level due to the amount of blockers.
- Level 2947 is a hard candy order level due to the amount of blockers.
- Level 3047 is a nearly impossible candy order level due to limited moves and an order that is extremely hard to fulfill.
- Level 3147 is a very hard jelly level due to an awkward board and the abundance of liquorice swirls.
- Level 3347 is a very hard jelly level mostly due to the top mixers being very difficult to destroy.
- Level 3447 is a very hard candy order level mostly due to an awkward board.
- Level 3547 is a somewhat hard candy order level mostly due to the orders being somewhat hard to fulfill.
- Level 3747 is a hard jelly level due to the board's awkward layout.
- Level 3847 is a very hard candy order level due to the layout and order.
- Level 4047 is an extremely hard ingredient level due to the layout and low moves.
- Level 4147 is a very hard ingredient level due to the layout and the amount of blockers.
- Level 4247 is a hard ingredient level due to a restricted board and the amount of blockers.
- Level 4347 is a very hard candy order level due to the amount of blockers.
- Level 4447 is a somewhat hard ingredient level due to frosting blocking the way of ingredients and chocolate blocks candies from falling.
- Level 4547 is a hard mixed level due to candy cane fence blocking the area of ingredients and cake bombs.
- Episodes whose names start with S usually tend to be quite hard. Sweet Surprise, Soda Swamp, Sugary Shire, and Sour Salon are all hard-very hard episodes.
- Levels 112, 212, 312, 412, 512, 712, 1212, and 1412 are all candy order levels. However, level 612 is a moves level, level 812, 1112, and 1312 are ingredients levels, level 912 and 1012 are jelly levels.
- Level 187, 287, 387, 487, 587, 987, 1487, 1587, and 1687 are all ingredients levels. However, Level 687, 787, 887, 1087, 1287, 1787, and 1887 are jelly levels, Level 87, 1187 and 2087 are candy order levels, and level 1987 is a mixed level breaking the trend in which levels ending in x87 are ingredients levels.
- Levels 31, 587, 621, 1020, 1108, 2003, 2115, 2117, 2245, 2437 and 2439 are the only ones in the first 2500 levels to have 3 colours. They become more common after that.
- Levels 2569, 2595, 2626, 2821, 2838 and 2882 are the only two-coloured levels in the first 200 episodes.
- Currently, the most anticipated level is level 666, the number of the Devil. It is the opener of episode 46, Crunchy Courtyard, which was released on September 3, 2014.
- Most people thought the level would be the hardest one in the game. However, when it was released, it was somewhat easy.
- This level was originally supposed to be introduced in Dreamworld, but it was not released because Dreamworld ended at level 665.
- The x01, x83, and x97 series are the only series to contain all level types:
- Levels 1 and 1501 are moves, levels 201, 401, 501, 801, 1101, and 1701 are jelly, levels 101, 601, and 1001 are ingredients, levels 301, 701, 901, 1201, 1301, 1401, 1601, 2001, and 2101 are candy order, and level 1801 and 1901 are mixed. So, all levels that end in 01 have all five level types in the game.
- Levels 83, 183, 483, 1083, and 1183 are jelly levels, levels 283 and 683 are moves levels, levels 383, 1283, and 1383 are ingredients levels, levels 583, 783, 883, and 1483 are candy order levels, level 983 is a moves level. Hence, all levels that end in 83 have all five level types in the game.
- Level 97 and 297 are moves levels, levels 197, 597, 697, 797, 997, 1297, 1397, and 1497 are jelly levels, levels 897, 1097, and 1197 are ingredients levels, levels 397 and 497 are candy order levels. Therefore, all levels that end in 97 have all five level types in the game, too.
- Levels 50, 150, 250, 350, 450, 550, 750, 850, 950, 1050, 1150, and 1350 are jelly levels. However, when level 650, 1250 and 1450 came out, they broke the x50 series.
- Levels that end in 99 trend to be hard difficulty or higher. However, there are some exceptions of that. Level 99 is somewhat hard, 199 is very hard, 399 is hard, 499 is again hard, 599 is somewhat hard, 699 is very hard, 999 is hard, and it ends at 1199 which is very hard.
- As of Taffy Treetops, each of the five level types has at least 100 levels.
- Level 2825 was the final level on Flash version completely.