| This level has been recently redesigned
A recent change was made to this level. A new difficulty is yet to be decided.
| This level has been recently buffed
A recent change was made to this level to make it arguably harder, causing the information to undergo a major change. A new difficulty is yet to be decided.
|Current version||Past versions|
|Jelly squares||: 24|
|Target score||: 48,000 pts|
|Colours|| 4 |
Level 1098 is the thirteenth level in Bubblegum Hut and the 506th jelly level. To pass this level, you must clear 24 double jelly squares in 19 moves or fewer. When you complete the level, Sugar Crush is activated and will score you additional points.
- The player has to break the five-layered icing squares, to bring the candies to the top right side of the board.
- There are only 20 moves available.
- There are no double jellies underneath the five-layered icings.
- The jellies are worth 48,000 points, which is equal to the one-star target score.
- The challenge in this four colour level comes from the large number of blockers separating segments compared with a relatively small number of moves to solve the puzzle. Worse, the blocker line on the left hand side cannot be accessed by a simple horizontal shot.
- For the above reasons, luck comes into this level quite a lot, but you can improve your luck with some thoughtful play.
- Note that the pesky line of blockers on the left does not have jelly underneath, so you do not need to remove all the blockers, you just need to open up the jelly-strewn segment below it.
- Cascades are vital for this level, so note also that you need to adjust your brain for cascades, with the lower right segment being logically above the upper right segment.
- First task is to break through the blockers beneath the sole segment that comes with candy at the start. You will see little/no specials action until you open up the second/third segments.
- Top of your list of hopes once you have more than one segment with which to work is a fairly early colour bomb/striped combination. Even then, try to achieve many of the requisite colour before blasting; a big one (seven or more stripes) will get you a long way towards closing out.
- Watch for opportunities in the bottom right segment to create horizontally striped candies or striped/wrapped combinations that you can use to blast the jellies in the bottom part of the left segment.
- Wrapped/wrapped, especially in the right places (e.g. third segment near the bottom), can also accelerate you towards a close out. Even a good cascade of wraps will help a lot to open out the final segment and get you close to a close out.
- It might take a few goes, but this level is very doable if you follow the above principles.
- Orange line(s) show where the candies spawn.
- Blue line(s) are the hidden teleporter entries.
- Pink line(s) are the hidden teleporter exits.
- Dark blue square(s) indicate the position of double jellies.
- The regular and hidden teleporters having identical numbers indicate where the entry and exit is.
- ↑ 24 double jellies × 2,000 points per double jelly = 48,000 points