Level 42 is the seventh level in Chocolate Mountains and the 11th ingredients level.
To pass this level, you must collect 2 hazelnuts and 2 cherries in 27 moves or fewer.
When you complete the level, Sugar Crush is activated and will score you additional points.
- The main obstacle is the pattern of the liquorice locks.
- Another difficulty is that all six colours are present, which makes it hard to create special candies and combinations.
|| Very Easy
- Like level 39 and 41, try focusing on removing the liquorice locks then bring the ingredients down.
- Try to use striped candy + wrapped candy combinations in the lanes the ingredients are in for a quick win. In fact, any combination is helpful here.
- Two colour bomb + colour bomb combinations will help you finish this level. However, do not make those your priority.
Earning More StarsEdit
- The presence of six colours makes it hard to create special candies.
- The ingredients are worth 40,000 points. Hence, a two star score is guaranteed and an additional 40,000 points for three stars have to be earned through matching of candies.
- The player is required to earn an additional 800 points per move for three stars.
- The liquorice locks make it hard to create special candies. Once they are cleared though, there should be more space to create special candies.
- The bottom most liquorice locks will block the path for the ingredients to drop down.
- There is a huge amount of moves. Hence, there should be enough moves available to create special candies, drop the ingredients and have enough moves left for Sugar Crush.
- A strategically placed wrapped candy + striped candy combination will take out all the liquorice locks in one move. However, this combination is hard to create with six candy colours.
- This level spawns sugar drops, when that feature is active.
- After the redesign of this level, it marks the unofficial introduction of ingredient candy cannons.
|Element Spawn Notes
- Ingredient spawn density: 1 move
- The maximum number of ingredients on the board is 2.
- ↑ 40,000 points / 50 moves = 800 points per move