|Current version||Past versions|
|Jelly squares||: 12|
|Target score||: 70,000 pts|
|Colours|| 5 |
Level 688 is the eighth level in Choco Rio Grande and the 306th jelly level. To pass this level, you must clear 12 double jelly squares in 50 moves or fewer. When you complete the level, Sugar Crush is activated and will score you additional points.
- Clearing the cake bomb is the major issue at the start, since the candy bombs have 9 moves before detonation. Moreover, it has been shifted one row down, increasing the difficulty of clearing it even further.
- There are double jellies underneath the cake bomb.
- Once the cake bomb is gone, clearing the isolated jellies is the major issue, even at a whopping 50 moves. There is usually no way to make color bombs, or vertically striped candies. Anything else (horizontal striped or wrapped candies) will not help at all!
- Now that the level has five colors, it is even more difficult than before to destroy the cake bomb and the jellies. Take note that the previous version had only four colors.
- On Flash, candy bombs actually explode before the cake bomb goes off, which means the game is still lost if any of the bombs reach zero, even with the cake bomb cleared. This is not an issue on HTML5.
- The jellies are worth 24,000 points. Hence, an additional 46,000 points is required to earn one star.
- Clear the cake bomb quickly.
- If you are playing on mobile and find out that you cannot remove at least one cake slice on your first move, you can reset the board without losing a life, provided that you have not made your first move.
- Otherwise, you must make the board shuffle. There is a good chance for that due to the very bad design of the level.
- Once the cake bomb is gone, create special candies or their respective combinations to clear the isolated jellies. Color bombs are helpful in this one.
- The level board is shaped like an alien, a reference to Space Invaders.
- This is currently the first Extremely Hard level in the game.
- This level spawns sugar drops, when that feature is active.
- Orange line(s) show where the candies spawn.
- Dark blue square(s) indicate the position of double jellies.