|“||Match Lucky Candies to reveal exactly the candy you need!||”|
Lucky Candy is a special candy in Candy Crush Saga that appears in candy order levels and mixed levels that require candy orders. Starting in the 12th episode, Pastille Pyramid, a lucky candy can be in the board, and starting from the 17th episode, Chocolate Barn they could come out of a mystery candy before their removal. They can't be formed with any candy combination, much like other booster-based special candies.
Lucky candies look like circles with a large tick (check mark) on the centre. To activate a lucky candy, one must switch it like a regular candy to form a match-three or higher. This will destroy the other candies, and the lucky candy will turn into a candy type that the player needs to fulfil an order, whether it is a regular candy, a special candy, or even a blocker. Generally, people want lucky candies to become special candies that are difficult to create (i.e. wrapped candies or colour bombs), but this is all due to probability.
During Sugar Crush, any unused lucky candy will be turned into a random special candy, and go off later.
Note that, lucky candies cannot produce the following items even if they are required:
- Cake Bomb
- Magic Mixer
- Mystery Candy
- Candy Cane Curl
- Candy Frog
- Liquorice Curl
- Sour Skull
- Bonbon Blitz
- Level 168 - First appearance of lucky candies and their cannons.
- Level 236 - This level has 81 lucky candies, the most of any level.
- Level 820 - Formerly first official appearance.
- Level 821 - First appearance in marmalade and first appearance in a 5 coloured level.
- Level 842 - First appearance in liquorice locks.
- Level 935 - First time when lucky candies have a fixed colour at the start.
- Level 971 - First time when lucky candies need to be opened to complete the level because they can reveal non-spawning colours.
- Level 988 - First appearance in sugar chests.
- Level 1030 - First time when lucky candies can be opened with the candy frog.
- Level 1072 - Second time when lucky candies need to be opened to complete the level because they can reveal non-spawning colours and the first time when red candies are revealed when they are opened.
- Level 1088 - First appearance in a 4 coloured level (when no other colours can be yielded from them).
- Level 1103 - First time when lucky candies can be opened due to a cake bomb explosion.
- Level 1154 - Unofficially the first appearance in a 4 coloured level when yellow candies can spawn from them.
- Level 1572 - First time when lucky candies can spawn blockers when opened.
- Level 1611 - First time when lucky candies can yield non-spawning blockers.
- Level 1879 - Officially the first appearance in a 4 coloured level when yellow candies can spawn from them.
- Level 2032 - First time when lucky candies can spawn from candy cannons.
- Level 2117 - First time when lucky candies appear in a 3 coloured level.
- Level 2150 - First time when lucky candies can spawn from the same candy cannon as another element.
- Level 2289 - First time when lucky candies can spawn from candy cannons in a 4.5 coloured level.
- Level 2534 - First time when lucky candies can be opened by jelly fish which spawn from bobbers.
- Level 2565 - First time when lucky candies can yield both red and yellow candies in a 4 coloured level.
- Level 2595 - First time when lucky candies can yield three non-spawning colour candies. Also, their first appearance in a 2 coloured level.
- Level 2605 - First time when lucky candies appear in a 3.6 coloured level.
- Level 2642 - First time when lucky candies appear in a 3.5 coloured level.
- Level 2842 - First time when lucky candies can yield both non-spawning candies and non-spawning blockers.
- Level 3101 - First time when lucky candies appear in a 2.3 coloured level.
- Level 3104 - Officially the first time when lucky candies appear in a 3.4 coloured level.
- Level 3211 - First time when lucky candies can yield jelly fish when opened.
- Level 3216 - First time when lucky candies can yield candy bombs when opened.
- Level 3648 - First time when lucky candies cannot yield anything when opened. This is because the only order in this level cannot be yielded by lucky candies, due to its nature.
- Level 3669 - First level to feature lucky candies with a non-spawning colour.
- Level 3833 - First time when lucky candies are required to fulfil dark chocolate order, since said blocker doesn't spawn otherwise. Also the first time when lucky candies can yield dark chocolate.
- Level 3892 - First jelly-order mixed level with lucky candies.
- Level 3922 - First time when lucky candies can yield waffles.
- Level 4682 - First time when lucky candies appear in Crystals.
- Level 4944 - First time when lucky candies can yield Crystals.
- Level 5551 - First time when lucky candies are required to fulfil crystal candy order, since said blocker doesn't spawn otherwise.
- Level 5703 - First time when lucky candies can yield Rainbow Twists.
- Level 5962 - First time when lucky candies are required to fulfil rainbow twist order, since said blocker doesn't spawn otherwise.
- Level 6177 - First time when lucky candies appear in sugar coats.
- Level 6284 - First time when lucky candies can yield sugar coats.
- Level 6666 - First time when lucky candies can yield Bubblegum Pops. Also the first time when lucky candies are required to fulfil bubblegum pop order, since said blocker doesn't spawn otherwise.
- Level 7981 - First time when lucky candies appear in order locks.
- Level 8514 - First time when lucky candies are required to fulfil sugar coat order, since said blocker doesn't spawn otherwise.
- Level 9377 - First time when lucky candies are required to fulfil blue candy order, since said colour doesn't spawn otherwise. Also the first level with lucky candies to have a different colour scheme.
- Level 9977 - First time when lucky candies appear in rainbow rapids mixed levels and first time when they appear on rainbow streams.
- TBA - First time when lucky candies appear in skull pedestals.
- In the past version, if a lucky candy does not turn into a colour bomb, a regular candy (of target colour), or a blocker, the lucky candy will always change into a candy type with the original colour of the lucky candy, unlike mystery candies. For example, a green lucky candy may only change to a green striped candy, green wrapped candy or green candy bomb when activated in this situation.
- In the current version, if the lucky candy cannot produce the remaining item, it'll disappear and won't turn into anything.
- Since Soda Swamp, lucky candies start appearing in starting boards, only because the toffee tornado is officially removed. Otherwise, level 820 of Candy Calaboose is the first level to contain Lucky Candies.
- Since the Soda Swamp scene, this is the first episode which features orders for candy colours that do not spawn on the board; lucky candies are therefore mandatory for these levels.
- The first level with this trait is level 971, as it is a five-colour level requiring five yellow candies. Yellow candies currently only spawn in six-coloured levels. The yellow candies in this level can only be obtained by opening the starting Lucky Candies and then clearing the resultant yellow candy.
- Since Divine Diner, the 98th episode is released, lucky candies can reveal blockers if the level requires blockers as the orders. This is similar to the unfavourable outcomes of mystery candies.
- Additionally, this can cause the game to freeze if the order requires chocolate and lucky candies are opened on the conveyor belt. Currently conveyor belts may not move immovable blockers. This can be seen in level 1450. However, this was fixed after release of ? episode.
- This feature came to mobile a bit late, with version 1.70 where Biscuit Bay was released on mobile.
- If you open a lucky candy to collect liquorice shells on a conveyor belt, the liquorice shell is immediately destroyed.
- As of mobile v1.72 however, doing so will freeze the game and the player has to quit.
- It also happens with Bubblegum Pop since when you match a lucky candy in this, it automatically collected as one layer and makes a 3x3 blast within a lucky candy that contains bubblegum pops. It was seen on Level 6666.
- If all orders have been collected and there are still cascades, any lucky candies destroyed during the time will not produce any special outcome.
- These candies are not based on Lucky Candies in Chinese New Year, though they share the same name.
- Level 1611, the opener of Sundae Stables, is full of lucky candies covering the entire board at the start.
- This level is also similar to 971, where the order item (blocker in this case) does not spawn from other elements.
- Level 1154 is unofficially (because the level was redesigned a long time after release) the first four-coloured level to require yellow candies. The first official appearance of yellow candies in 4 coloured levels is level 1879.
- Since level 2032, lucky candies can come out of candy cannons.
- In Vanilla Villa, the 133rd episode, lucky candies used to spawn naturally on board, as seen on level 1985. However, the level was changed so they could not spawn, so the first level where they spawn naturally is level 2033.
- Magic mixers and cake bombs can't be spawned from lucky candies due to the nature of those blockers. If lucky candies are on the board when cake bombs or magic mixers are required for the order then they will simply disappear when destroyed.
- This is one of very few elements which has been "released" in two separate years. Lucky candies themselves were first revealed along with candy order levels in 2012 but lucky candies being released as an element which can naturally appear on the board didn't happen until 2015, specifically in Candy Calaboose.
- Lucky candies have the tile map code 052.
- If all remaining items are unable to appear from lucky candies (jelly, magic mixer and so on), any lucky candy opened afterwards will simply disappear.
- Due to lucky candies having fixed colours in levels with colour orders, it's possible for a lucky candy to yield the same candy colour as itself.
- Of the four candy cannons introduced in 2016, lucky candy cannon is the only one that is still active. The other three elements have been removed from the game, as a result, their respective cannons are no longer active.
- If a match of four or more candies consists only of lucky candies, no striped candy, wrapped candy, or colour bomb will be created from the match (unless the level requires at least one of these special candies as an order, lucky candies may yield one of these elements when opened).
|Candy Crush Saga special candies|