Magic Mixer (also known as Evil Spawner) is a blocker in Candy Crush Saga. It first appears in the 90th episode, Brulee Bay, with the first level being level 1326. It is capable of spawning or replacing objects with predetermined blockers for a predetermined move interval.
|First appearance||Latest appearance|
|Level 1326||Level 10324|
For the list of levels with this blocker, see here.
The magic mixer is perhaps the most threatening blocker yet, along with the chocolate fountain and dark chocolate fountain. The blocker looks like a blue square with a circle and a spinner inside it. There are 4 screws around the blue square, which is used to determine the durability of the magic mixer (see above). After a predetermined number of turns (usually 3, but in the past version, sometimes even 2 as seen in the former versions of Level 1354, level 1895 and former level 1350, or 4 moves in level 2760), the magic mixer will spawn a blocker on squares within its radius. If these blockers are not cleared, the magic mixer will spawn blockers further outside its radius. Locked magic mixers first appear at level 1590, but these will not spawn or progress unless the lock is broken.
Currently, the magic mixer can spawn marmalade, multilayered frosting, chocolate, candy bombs, liquorice locks, liquorice swirls, dark chocolate (all three layers), toffee swirls (all 5 layers), crystals (all three layers), rainbow twists (all 5 layers), sugar coats (all three layers), bubblegum pop, and bonbon blitz. The type of blockers in which the magic mixer spawns is determined for each level.
- If the magic mixer can spawn chocolate, and it will spawn the blockers on the next move, it will still spawn chocolate (or other elements) even if you have broken some in your last move. Therefore, chocolate spawns much more rapidly than a regular piece of chocolate or a chocolate fountain. They can only be stopped if the magic mixer takes damage.
- In several levels (like level 1363), it can spawn more than one type of blocker. Currently, the highest number of blockers magic mixer can spawn in one level is nine, belonging to special mixers.
- Currently, 54 elements can be spawned by the magic mixer.
- In all cases save special spawners, they spawn the blocker types in a predetermined order. Hence, a magic mixer programmed to spawn candy bombs, liquorice swirls, and liquorice locks, will always spawn candy bombs first, then liquorice swirls, then liquorice locks, and finally back again, repeating the cycle.
- Special spawners are given its element code, and they can spawn all blockers in any order.
- If it can spawn a list of certain blockers, when it spawns one kind of them, it will ignore every other blocker in the spawning list. For example, if a magic mixer can create bombs and swirls, it will never turn bombs into swirls, or vice versa.
- If it spawns marmalade or liquorice locks, it covers existing candies and ingredients. If it spawns bombs, all candies will be converted to bombs yet keep the same colour. Unlike chocolate, they still will spawn the element even if you have cleared some of them in your last move. For other blockers spawned, they will replace any possible object within range, including precious special candies!
- Each magic mixer is independent and can spawn its own set of blockers. If there are multiple magic mixers, the total number of elements spawned will be increased.
- However, the characteristic of the magic mixers (elements, amount, spawn interval) are still determined by level, and in each level, the magic mixers have the same characteristic. Currently, no level has one magic mixer which can spawn different elements, amounts, or intervals than another one.
- For example, you are playing a level featuring two magic mixers. The magic mixers spawn eight frosting squares every three moves. Assuming you do not delay the magic mixers, at the turn the magic mixers will spawn frosting, each magic mixer spawns up to eight frosting squares each, which means up to sixteen frosting squares can be spawned!
- Some levels may temporarily or even completely rely on magic mixers, such as level 1337. It replaces the thick frostings (up to 5 layers) with chocolate (only 1 layer) when it spawns.
- In level 1457 and other levels, you must completely rely on magic mixers to fulfill the orders because they spawn the blockers that do not exist on the initial board, yet they are included on the orders.
- In this case, destroying the magic mixer too early will fail the level.
- No magic mixer may lock other magic mixers or chocolate fountains, even if they are programmed to lock candies. However, magic mixers can encase other spawners in crystals, as seen in level 5031.
Unlike the chocolate fountain and dark chocolate fountain, the magic mixer is destructible. It takes five hits, either by matching candies adjacent to it or by hitting it directly with special candies. When a match is made next to the magic mixer, or it is hit by special candies, it will lose its screws, meaning that it has become damaged, and be delayed for one move. The degradation stages of magic mixers are subtly noticeable. Jelly squares can be hidden under the magic mixers. After the fifth hit, it will cause a 5×5 explosion (similar to the effects of the wrapped + wrapped combination, but only once), which will harm other magic mixers and blockers within this range.
First appearances by blocker and properties
- Level 1326 - Liquorice swirls and jelly under the magic mixer (first appearance)
- Level 1327 - One-layered frosting
- Level 1328 - Marmalade
- Level 1330 - Two-layered frosting
- Level 1331 - The first time a normal magic mixer appears alongside a normal chocolate fountain.
- Level 1337 - Chocolate
- Level 1362 - Three-layered frosting
- Level 1363 - The first time the magic mixer can spawn up to 2 different blockers.
- Level 1383 - Candy bombs; the first time the magic mixer can spawn up to 3 different blockers.
- Level 1398 - Officially the first level where magic mixers may spawn liquorice locks.
- Level 1448 - One, two and three-layered toffee swirls; The first time the magic mixer can spawn up to 6 different blockers; first level with a special magic mixer (which could spawn any of the elements in any order) before its removal.
- Level 1457 - First level when destroying the magic mixer too early will fail the level (since the blockers required for the order in the level can only be spawned by the magic mixer).
- Level 1494 - Five-layered frosting
- Level 1590 - Locked Magic Mixer. They do not progress until the lock is broken.
- Level 1593 - First appearance of locked liquorice swirls (due to the magic mixer).
- Level 1643 - Locked Magic Mixer appears alongside the locked Chocolate Fountain.
- Level 1695 - First mixed level to have a magic mixer.
- Level 1778 - First appearance of liquorice swirls in marmalade (due to the magic mixer), after three moves (if not damaged).
- Level 1859 - Originally the first timed level that had a magic mixer.
- Level 2204 - First level which also has a candy frog. The candy frog is unaffected by the blockers spawned by the magic mixer.
- Level 2482 - First level which also has bobbers. Magic mixer explosions which affect bobbers activate them and make them produce three jelly fish since a magic mixer explosion is the equivalent of a wrapped + wrapped combo.
- Level 2815 - Last level on Flash version with magic mixers.
- Level 2988 - Magic mixers in sugar chests.
- Level 3394 - Magic mixers in candy cane spaces.
- Level 3544 - First level with magic mixer order.
- Level 3966 - First jelly-order mixed level with magic mixer order.
- Level 3969 - Officially the first level where magic mixers can spawn dark chocolate.
- Level 4147 - Regular magic mixers can spawn more than three blockers.
- Level 4275 - First level where magic mixers can spawn four-layered frosting.
- Level 4426 - Magic mixers in marmalade.
- Level 4755 - Officially the first level where magic mixers can spawn toffee swirls.
- Level 4828 - Officially the first level where magic mixers can spawn crystal candies.
- Level 5874 - First level where magic mixers can spawn five-layered rainbow twists.
- Level 5973 - First ingredients-order mixed level with magic mixer order.
- Level 6072 - First level where magic mixers can spawn sugar coats (all three layers).
- Level 6440 - First level where magic mixers can spawn one-layered rainbow twists.
- Level 6536 - First level where magic mixers can spawn five-layered bubblegum pops.
- Level 7901 - First level where magic mixer order is required to unlock order locks.
- Level 7952 - Magic mixers in order locks.
- Level 8158 - Magic mixers in skull pedestals.
- Level 8622 - First rapids-order mixed level with magic mixer order.
- Level 8902 - First level where magic mixers can spawn bonbon blitz.
- Level 9001 - First level with a different colour scheme where magic mixers appear.
- Level 10010 - First five-digit level with magic mixers.
- After 5th hit, it will first stop spinning, and explode after the current cascade ends.
- It explodes after conveyor belts move unless the cascade is too short (probably a glitch).
- If this happens in the last move, it does not explode.
- If multiple magic mixers are going to explode, they will explode one by one after the end of the last cascade.
- It can replace multilayered frostings with ones with different layers. (i.e. It can replace two-layered frosting with three-layered ones.)
- Jelly fish can always damage the magic mixers.
- It will explode immediately upon taking the 5th hit.
- If multiple magic mixers are broken at the very same chain, their explosions will only count once against other objects (liquorice shells and so on).
- If one explosion triggers another to explode, this counts as two hits correctly.
- When it spawns multilayered frostings, it may replace frostings within its 3x3 square with ones with different layers, but outside the range, it will ignore other multilayered frostings, regardless of their remaining layers. This can be seen in level 2849.
- In old versions, it would also ignore existing frostings within a 3x3 range.
- In old versions, magic mixers could not spawn blockers diagonally.
- Jelly fish may target the magic mixers or avoid them. This changes through levels and versions.
- Bobbers are interfered with by magic mixers.
- It was formerly known as "Evil Spawner" when unreleased.
- This blocker was originally supposed to be introduced in the 64th episode, Minty Meadow, but was removed two weeks before the release.
- Magic Mixer is often mistaken for other things, such as a clock or a clock bomb.
- This blocker has been released two episodes after the removal of the toffee tornado.
- If a magic mixer spawns a blocker (ex. chocolate) in another blocker (ex. frosting), the frosting will be destroyed, but the frosting will still count as an order.
- Before they were introduced, the cream in the magic mixer was white; but shortly after Brulee Bay was released, it was changed to pink.
- The magic mixer with white cream can still be found in previous mobile versions.
- On the web version, when the magic mixer covers a candy or replaces it with a blocker, it shoots out the cream.
- It seems to get overheat whenever taking damage.
- On HTML5, the magic mixer loses its screws when it takes damage. This will let the player know how many hits it should encounter before getting destroyed. If the magic mixer has no screws, then the mixer will be destroyed once hit.
- Depend on the screen size of the mobile device, the magic mixer may look different, with bigger clock face or cream containers.
- If there are multiple magic mixers on the board, damaging one does not affect other magic mixers' intervals.
- The magic mixer can be destroyed by lollipop hammer, sweet teeth, or jelly fish (if there is a jelly under it).
- The magic mixer's sound to the fifth hit sounds like a broken glass sound.
- The explosion of the magic mixer is similar to a double wrapped candy combination, with the same scoring:
- On the web version, it can "push" objects away.
- On the mobile version, you can see a yellow wrapped candy briefly before the explosion. For strange reasons, this yellow candy counts toward the corresponding order. It is unknown whether its a glitch or not.
- The magic mixer charges up before conveyor belts move. Even if a cascade after the belt movement damages the magic mixers, the process will not be delayed.
- No magic mixers appeared in Mount Chocolympus, Wacky Waterhole, Wiggly Wheel, Fruity Fairground and Licorice Luna.
- In the past version, level 1354/version, level 1895/version and formerly level 1350/version are the only levels where magic mixers spawn elements every two moves. It's unlikely that there will be a magic mixer that spawns every move.
- Again, in the past version, there were no magic mixers in the game that spawn every 4 moves, until level 2760/version.
- Level 1448 was the first level (and for a long time the only) with the special magic mixer.
- At 12 elements (liquorice lock, liquorice swirl, chocolate, candy bomb, one-layered frosting, two-layered frosting, three-layered frosting, four-layered frosting, five-layered frosting, one-layered dark chocolate, two-layered dark chocolate and three-layered dark chocolate) upon release, this was the level which its magic mixer can spawn the most amount of blocker types.
- It is also the first level where four and five-layered frosting can be spawned by the magic mixer (regular magic mixers can spawn said frosting layers in level 1451).
- As of this level, all blockers that can be spawned by the magic mixer have been spawned at least once.
- Worse, it can also spawn the maximum amount per spawning period, at eight.
- No other levels had the special magic mixer until level 2056, 608 levels after its previous appearance.
- Also, level 2056 was the first level to have more than one special magic mixer. At first, it seems like all three magic mixers can spawn different blockers.
- Starting from level 1590 there are magic mixers in liquorice locks. The magic mixer in a liquorice lock will not work at all until the lock is removed (and needs special candies or combinations near enough to the magic mixer to remove the lock). Originally, locked magic mixers were supposed to debut in level 1608, before level 1590 was changed.
- As of level 1778 and level 1895, liquorice locks can be encased in marmalade due to the magic mixers. The same thing happened in level 1593, where liquorice swirls could be encased in locks for the first time, even though liquorice swirls have yet to appear in either blocker naturally on the board as the start.
- The magic mixer does not spawn blockers in level 2973 due to a mechanic glitch.
- After the release of Wiggly Wheel, it had the change: after destroying the magic mixer in 5 hits, it will explode shortly even when candies are not settled.
- After the removal of toffee tornado, this is the most hated blocker in the game but it is required for some levels, due to blocker orders involving blockers that don't appear on the board at the start.
- It is possible to fail the level in levels that rely on the magic mixer to spawn the blocker orders by destroying the magic mixer before the order it spawns has been fulfilled. This was never happened until the tutorial for the magic mixer was first revealed.
- Though it depends on the version whether or not jelly fish will damage the magic mixer, there is currently no level with magic mixers which also has jelly fish at the start.
- There are currently no levels with mixers having spawn rates greater than 8.
- In the mobile version (but not in the old web version) when the mixer spawns some blockers, it throws a white cream, while in the old web version threw pink cream. The white cream in the mobile version is probably from the old version of the magic mixer.
- Special magic mixers can spawn dark chocolate since 12th September 2018 (with regular magic mixers being able to spawn dark chocolate since Sticky Shore).
- Special magic mixers could spawn toffee swirls and crystal candies as of April 2019, though only because they can spawn every spawnable blocker. Much like dark chocolate, they can be spawned by regular magic mixers in future levels (toffee swirls in level 4755 and crystal candies in level 4828).
- Special magic mixers that appeared in previous levels are also affected by these updates.
- Regular magic mixers can spawn more than three blockers as of level 4147.
- Magic mixers have the tilemap code 062.
- Magic mixers have the order number "24".
- This is currently the last blocker introduced before the end of the Flash version to be required as a candy order.
- Magic Mixer order is required to unlock order locks from level 7901.
Add 'heavily damaged' versions of these sprites. There is a subtle difference, but you will find out on YouTube!
|Candy Crush Saga blockers|