Icing can come in many layers. Be prepared for deliciousness!
Multilayered Frosting (also known as an Icing Square, Icing or Meringue) is a blocker in Candy Crush Saga. It is the main blocker and the most abundant blocker a player will come across whilst playing the game. As the game progresses, the frosting gathers more and more layers; therefore, it makes the game harder.
|First appearance||Latest appearance|
|Level 21||Level 9890|
For the list of levels with this blocker, see here.
Multilayered frosting occupies one square and is stuck until cleared. It can be broken by making matches adjacent to it, or through any special candy's effects reaching the blocker. This procedure needs to be repeated as many times depending on the number of layers. Colour bombs cannot destroy it unless a candy (or candies) next to it is destroyed by the colour bomb. Jelly might be underneath a multilayered frosting, requiring the player to first clear it before reaching the jelly.
Types of Frosting
As the game progresses, the frosting blocker gets a little more sophisticated. The number of times a candy is needed to be broken next to it increases. When a match is made next to a frosting, it changes in appearance representing the number of layers left. All multilayered frosting blockers are in sachets. Here is a list of the types of the frosting blocker:
- One-layered frosting - A raw blocker in Candy Crush Saga, but can be made by breaking through the frosting. It only takes one hit to clear it. Raw empty sachets can be found unofficially in level 116 and are not commonly found in starting boards. They can also be found from mystery candies.
- Two-layered frosting - Introduced in level 111 in the 9th episode, Peppermint Palace. This frosting takes two hits to destroy. When the blocker is hit the first time, the player sees an empty sachet.
- Three-layered frosting - Introduced in level 141 in the 11th episode, Gingerbread Glade. This frosting takes three hits to destroy. It features a frosting with a brown centre.
- Four-layered frosting - Introduced in level 171 in the 13th episode, Cupcake Circus. This frosting takes four hits to destroy. It features a frosting with a brown spot. This brown spot has a smaller white spot in the centre.
- Five-layered frosting - Officially released in the 20th episode, level 276 in Candy Clouds, but can come out of a mystery candy in level 231 onwards. It features a frosting with brown and white spots, but the top white spot has a brown spot in the centre. This blocker takes five hits, and can be a real nuisance, especially if it comes out of a mystery candy. This is currently the most layered frosting blocker and the blocker which takes the second most hits, falling behind from a cake bomb.
- When destroyed, it released a sound similar to the sound when liquorice and candy bombs are destroyed on the HTML5 version. In more recent versions, it releases a sound similar to the sound when chocolate is removed. With the release of Sticky Savannah on mobile, the sound is updated to make the multi-layered frosting emit a "wrap" sound. Prior to Sticky Savannah, a much more different sound would play, a more electric-shocking-like sound.
- The release of a six-layered frosting is improbable now: it has been almost 7000 levels since a new layer was announced. You can also tell as the fifth layer completely fills up the curls in the frosting. However, King may still break trends, for example, Mixed Mode levels never appeared until episode 114 even though speculation about such levels started much earlier. Similar situations may happen for the sugar chest and the jelly.
- There are two variants of the artwork of the particles released when multilayered frosting is destroyed. The first variant is the PC version, where the particles match the destroyed frostings' colour and appear to be solid chunks. The second variant is mobile versions, where the particles are just solid coloured white circles.
- You can still tell if there are jellies hiding under the sachets since the sachet texture doesn't take up a whole tile, though only on mobile versions; on PC versions, the sachet covers the tile fully, but still leaves tiny curls in the periphery; thus with a good eye, one can judge if jelly is hidden behind the frostings.
- If there is a double jelly underneath a locked five-layered frosting in a 3-layered crystal candy, it will take 11 hits to rid that one square of its jelly unless a jelly fish is used.
- Anyone of these blockers, including the empty sachet and five-layered frosting, can come out of a mystery candy, even in levels before 276, when the five-layered frosting is officially released.
- Level 5896 currently has the highest amount of frosting layer orders, with 245.
- Before the nerf, level 2393 used to also require more than 200 frosting layers.
- Frosting in a sachet has a totally different texture to frosting out of a sachet.
- This blocker is often mistaken for cream or a cupcake.
- Many get confused by the name between "frosting" and "meringue", given the fact that meringue features swirls, just like frosting.
- There are two blockers in the game that resembles frostings: marmalade and chocolate.
- A layer of these blockers can be removed if a candy next to it is cleared by a colour bomb. This cannot happen on the frosting. This property is the only difference between an empty slot and a frosting, which means frosting is more hated than empty slots.
- In the artwork, the mobile design for Multi-layered frosting is more desaturated and contains less gloss than the original.
- The official name of the Candy Crush Saga fan page is "Icing squares" or "Icing layers". For a long time, they were referred to as such. When they were given a graphic overhaul, they are now referred to as frosting.
- Started from 1.176, the regular icing is removed. Regular icings are replaced by one-layered frosting.
- Multilayered frosting makes up the numbers 007, 019 to 023 in the tilemap code.
- One-layered frosting:
- Two-layered frosting:
- Three-layered frosting:
- Four-layered frosting:
- Five-layered frosting:
- One-layered frosting:
- Frosting has the order number "17".
- Frosting order is required to unlock order locks from Level 7896.
|Candy Crush Saga blockers|