- This article is about the 28th Reality episode in the game. If you are looking for the 352nd Reality episode in the game, see Polkapalooza (Episode 352).
|Champion title||Polka Superstar|
|New features|| in |
5 to 6
() levels (unofficial)
Non-spawning colours on board (unofficial)
Non-spawning colour order (unofficial)
of a colour that doesn't spawn (unofficial)
|Release date|| - 17 June 2013|
- 29 August 2013
Polkapalooza (Episode 28) is the 28th episode in Candy Crush Saga and the fourth episode of World Five. This episode was released on 17 June 2013. The champion title for this episode is Polka Superstar.
In this episode, Tiffi encounters a guitarist named Mr. Rockstar who cries over his messed up hair.
She grabs a sugary hairspray can and sprays his hair which makes it shine again so that his concert can commence.
- Mystery candies appear in licorice locks for the first time in level 408.
- Due to said level being redesigned, non-spawning colour candies, non-spawning colour orders and non-spawning colour mystery candies are all unofficially introduced.
- It's now the first level with yellow candy order. Because of the above, the colour yellow is a non-spawning colour.
LevelsEditThis episode contains levels 396-410.
Polkapalooza is an easy episode, with a mean of 2.13. Only a few levels can pose a challenge: 399, 402, 404, 410, although they are all rated "somewhat easy". Overall, it is much easier than the previous episode, Licorice Tower.
|The easiest : |
|The hardest : |
|The most fun : |
|4 ||5 |
|Sugar Drop levels|
|Level 396||Level 406||Level 409|
|397||10,000||: 50 : 50|
|405||20,000||: 15 : 5|
|406||60,000||: 2 : 4|
|409||20,000||: 1 : 1|
|410||155,000||: 28 : 42|
- Numerous things were changed when this episode was released.
- The score for breaking a chocolate with a striped candy was increased from one point to 20 points.
- The score board design and color was changed. Previously, it was colored white, nowadays, it's colored pink.
- The "beta" tag in the upper right part of the game interface was removed on Flash.
- Besides Wafer Wharf and Sundae Stables, this episode has the greatest number of candy order levels.
- This episode's name, background, map texture and story is reused for the 352nd episode, 324 episodes later.
- Coincidentally, both episodes are followed by an episode named Soda Swamp.
- This is the third episode in release order to have its name reused, and the first to do so for an exact copy. Episodes with these characteristics are more common on later episodes.
- This is the 5th episode which takes place at night, preceded by Salty Canyon, Gingerbread Glade, Crunchy Castle, and Holiday Hut.
- This, along with the identically named Episode 352, are the only episodes that has a 1-word name. It is a pun for Polka Lollapalooza.
- Lollapalooza is an annual music festival of which rock music is a featured genre.
- This is one of the few episodes whose name is not based on a confection-related noun/adjective followed by a geographical noun.
- However, Lollapalooza may be a reference to a lollipop.
- This episode breaks many trends. First off, instead of the usual 3 or 4 ingredients levels, there are only 2. This is the fewest number of ingredient drop levels along with Salty Canyon, only behind Wafer Wharf with only 1 and Candy Town with 0 (Ingredients levels were not introduced yet.) There is also an unusual abundance of candy order levels in this episode, the highest since Wafer Wharf.
- Before, this episode fitted in with the trend of hard jelly levels as a finale. Nowadays, this is no longer the case.
- The episode's pathway colour on the web version is orange.
- Its banner was now thickened.
- Like Sweet Surprise and Caramel Cove, this episode has 9 levels with 6 colours. However, all of them were redesigned, and while 408 has yellow candies, it is a five-coloured level, where no other yellow candies can spawn.
- This episode reaches the 400th level milestone. The other episodes to reach a hundred milestone thus far would be Salty Canyon, Caramel Cove, and Jelly Jungle.
- This episode was released on June 17, 2013. Tasty Treasury was released on June 17, 2015, exactly two years after.