Score (or Points) is the fundamental element in Candy Crush Saga. It is a stat that is calculated during and after a level. Score will vary every time you complete a level, and every level has a score requirement to pass. Scores are normally a multiple of 20; however, getting a champion title gives the player a +10% bonus to the score upon finishing a level or running out of moves, making it possible to earn scores that are not multiples of 20, but still even. Setting off a jelly fish gives 250 points, which can yield scores that are multiples of 10. A few milestone levels have their own custom scoring algorithm, which may allow odd scores to be possible.
However, many people tend to get the score requirement but fail to complete the required tasks (depending on the type of level). Timed and Moves levels are the only types of levels that only have a score requirement without completing other tasks because score is the task in these levels. As of September 2021, both of these "score" level types have been discontinued and retired from the game.
Stars are obtained based on the score the player has at the end of the level. One is the minimum and is mandatory to pass the level, while three is the maximum.
In most jelly, ingredients and candy order levels, completing the objectives directly gives the player the score required for one star. In a handful of them, completing the objectives directly gives the player the score required for three stars. There are some notable exceptions such as level 169 and pre-nerfed levels 608 and 623 (which is a copy of pre-nerfed level 608). Getting two or three stars, however, can be much harder in those same levels. This is quite problematic in mystery quest levels (on mobile) as the player is asked to get the 2-star score in addition to his task. This can be really problematic in levels such as 297 and 463. In these levels, failure to reach the target score will result in the player failing the level without the option to continue by spending gold.
When Swirly Steppes was released, if you clear a jelly or ingredient level without getting the required points for one star, your final score will be boosted to the one-star target score, and you will pass the level. Eventually, it was also applied to candy order levels (as of v1.73 in HTML5) and mixed mode levels. Previously, it occurred at the moment of completing the objective (i.e. removing the last jelly square).
When mystery quests were present, the scores used to be boosted to the target score in the past, but if it was between one and two-star target scores, it wasn't boosted.
- The in-game description of score is: "Gain at least xxxxxx points to reach your target!" (It is shown when the mouse pointer hovers above the score section).
- When you cursor on the text "Target: xxxxxx points:, an inscription will show up: "You need at least xxxxxx points to reach your target.".
- While replaying past levels (other than mystery quests), the target score in the description will become the one to obtain a new star (if you haven't already obtained 3 stars), or the highest record of this level (if you have already obtained 3 stars). This doesn't affect the actual gameplay however.
- The web description of score is: "When you match three or more candies of the same color, they burst and you win points."
Elements' Attributed Points
(Only apply for Flash version but now was removed.)
|Candy match||Count the total cascades in one move, and multiply it with a value depending on how many candies are used in this match.
The value is 40 points for each candy matched (for example, a regular match would give you 120 points).
|120, 160, 200 and more per cascade|
|Jelly||(per jelly tile involved in matching)||1,000 per cascade|
|Ingredients||Acquired when an ingredient is brought down.||10,000|
|Candy bomb||(per bomb, does not affect cascade multiplier)||500|
|Wrapped candy detonation||(per explosion, explode twice in total, does not affect cascade multiplier, does not count the wrapped + wrapped combination which varies)||(1000 x 2) + 40 for each candy destroyed|
|Blocker layers||(per blocker layer)||40|
|Collect order (Regular candy / blocker)||(per candy)||100|
|Collect order (Special candy / booster candy)||(per special candy / booster candy)||1,000|
|Collect order (Special candy combination order)||(per special candy combination)||5,000|
|Collect order (Liquorice Shell)||(per liquorice shell fully destroyed)||10,000|
|Cake bomb||(per cake bomb fully destroyed)||500 for destroying candy bomb, 500 for striped candy, 1,000 for wrapped candy, 5,000 for colour bomb|
|Sugar Crush (Jelly fish)||(per fish)||2,040|
|Sugar Crush (Striped candy)||(per striped candy created, not counting their detonations)||6,000|
- Colour bomb detonation: 5,000 points + 40 points for each regular candy/blocker layer destroyed
- Wrapped candy detonation: 1,000 points + 40 points for each regular candy/blocker layer destroyed
- Striped candy detonation: 500 points + 40 points for each regular candy/blocker layer destroyed
- Setting off Jelly Fish: 250 points
- Opening lucky candy: 250 points
- Setting off Coconut Wheel: 3,000 points
- Setting off UFO: 5,000 points
The chart below summarizes a sample of opponents' scores from Level 1 to Level 2000, plotted on a logarithmic scale.