|Champion title||Caramel Keyboardist|
|New features|| (unofficial) |
|Release date|| - 6 February 2014|
- 28 February 2014
Sour Salon is the 36th episode of Candy Crush Saga and the sixth and final episode of World Six. This episode was released on 6 February 2014. The champion title for this episode is Caramel Keyboardist.
An organist, looking like the Phantom of the Opera, tries to play his organ, but complains that it sounds corny. Tiffi comes and wants to help him turn it into a swell jam.
Tiffi gets out an electronic keyboard while disco lights swirl around the room. The organist becomes happy, and reveals funky clothing and dances to the music.
- Horizontal striped candy + vertical striped candy cannon is unofficially introduced in level 516, due to redesigning.
- Mystery candy + striped candy cannon is unofficially introduced in level 519, due to redesigning.
LevelsEditThis episode contains levels 516-530.
Sour Salon continues the newer trend of six ingredient drop levels per episode. The trend of seven jelly levels is broken in this episode, as there are only six. The trend of fewer candy order levels than in episodes prior to Meringue Moor continues here.
Most levels of this episode look easy, but they are quite hard and take many tries. Any level can cause a challenge except for a few. Overall, this episode is harder than the previous episode, Ice Cream Caves.
|The easiest : |
Level 519 and 522
|The hardest : |
|The most fun : |
|4 ||5 |
|Sugar Drop levels|
|Level 519||Level 525||Level 528|
|516||50,000||: 37 : 40||First Reality level that was released in 2014|
|519||120,000||: 8 : 110|
|521||60,000||: 2 : 3|
|523||40,000||: 2 : 2|
|524||50,000||: 27||First level which isn't a candy order level with the numbers 5,2,4|
|525||60,000||: 3 : 2|
|527||30,000||: 1 : 1|
|528||30,000||: 1 : 1|
|529||50,000||: 2 : 100 : 100|
- This and its Dreamworld counterpart, Sweet Beat, are essentially polar opposites due to many reasons:
- This is the first episode that was released in 2014 on Flash, while Sweet Beat was the last to be released that year.
- This episode's first word, Sour is an antonym to that of Sweet Beat, with Sweet.
- This is a hard episode, while Sweet Beat is easy. In addition, it is also the first hard episode in the game.
- This episode's title has alliteration, while Sweet Beat does not.
- The pathway color for this is red, while Sweet Beat has a green pathway.
- This is the 4th consecutive episode which does not have any timed levels prior to their removal
- This is the last episode without anything new being introduced. The next episode introduces a new element.
- This is the second episode where the episode colour is red. The first was Holiday Hut.
- This is the first episode to have 5 colours on the board in every single level. The second one is Caramel Clearing.
- This is also the first episode to not have any six-colour levels, even before their removal. That means this is the first episode the yellow candies are totally absent.
- This episode is a reference to the Phantom of the Opera.
- This is the second episode that is based off on in England. In this case, it's the Royal Albert Hall on London. The first being Licorice Tower.
- This is also the 3rd consecutive episode that ends with a 5-coloured level, 530.
- Like Pearly White Plains, all jelly levels are even-numbered.
- This episode didn't have any 50-move levels for a long time. Recently, 530 was nerfed to have 60 moves.
- The font colour of this episode's banner on Flash was changed from cyan to white.