FANDOM


  • CandyCrushSaga-appicon

    Hello there fellow Wikians! Over the course of the summer break, I wanted to try to summarize how a few things work with the video. After DoCheonGong added my messy chat message to his user page and Courtemance437 told me that categories seemed to be completely random, it became apparent that one confusing topic was how to edit categories. I wanted to go over this with you guys officially to make this less cryptic :).

    Adding categories has been really competitive because it is the most easiest badge to earn. The one-hundred point "Six-layers" badge is given out for every two hundred fifty categories you add. It doesn't mean adding any category you want, obviously. This is vandalism just like anything else when you edit a page with bad faith. Through hard work though, it's nice to say the categories section is the most complete. But you can still help us! There are still errors that no one but you may be able to see. When CCSW contains over 5,000 pages, an error or two may appear. Sometimes a category may be missing, or a category is out of place compared with the others. We would like "users like you" to recheck our information!

    So what exactly are categories, you may ask? In a nutshell, categories are tags that users add to a page. This groups the page into certain bodies of information. For example, if you scroll down to level 11 right below the list of levels template (thank User:Imamadmad for that!), you will see that level 11 belongs to 10 categories. Cool eh? And clicking on those categories can lead to other pages with similar information. This is what we will need your help in fixing. I'll summarize a few things on this thread that you probably didn't know about nin the categories section.

    Appearance while editing

    It is typically useful and recommended to disable the category module when editing. Under the editing tab on the Special:Preferences page, "try to use the source editor" under the preferred editor section and check "disable category module." Remember to save these preferences (this can also be undone). Sure, the adding categories button no longer appears at the bottom of the page, but categories can be edited by using the edit button and scrolling down. Now, when you edit, you can add/remove categories plus rearrange them around with ease. You no longer add categories incorrectly to the bottom of the page. Also, with this disabled plus the source mode, you can edit MUCH faster than with the laggy and buggy visual editor.

    Now...the big question...in which order should categories be added? Categories are rearranged differently for each page. But I'll cover the biggest two in this thread - the 2,500 levels pages (the more confusing one) and 150 episode pages. You probably don't need the other arrangements.

    Order

    Order matters. Using the category module to add a category is generally wrong unless you're lucky. If you don't want to disable category module, that's okay. Someone else will probably come around to fix your messy edit that visual editor leaves :P.

    Categories seem to be a confusing topic, so let me straighten out how categories should be added.

    Levels pages

    • Leaked Content (if content was released on the wiki before the game actually released the level)
    • Unreleased content (if content was unreleased)
    • Level articles that need an image (category automatically added when necessary)
    • Sugar Drop levels - (category automatically added with template)
    • Level type - (Moves levels, Jelly levels, etc.)
    • Levels with a timed Reality counterpart (Dreamworld levels only)
    • Episode - (Candy Town levels, etc.)
    • World openers/finales
    • Episode openers/finales
    • Levels with new things (if applicable)
    • Levels with single/double jelly (if level is a jelly level)
    • Levels with regular candy/special candy/combination/blocker orders (if level is a candy order level - also note the order)
    • Levels with candy colour orders that do not spawn
    • Levels with x moves (use seconds if the level is a time level)
    • Levels with more/fewer moves than its Reality counterpart (Dreamworld levels only)
    • Levels with xx-xx spaces (categories are divided into "less than 30 spaces," "30-54", "55-63", "64-80", and "81" spaces to be exact)
    • Levels with empty spaces (typically absent from pages: see a board that initially does not have candies on it and still doesn't when candies settle? Add this here!)
    • Levels with x candy colours
    • Levels with candies that do not start from rest
    • Levels with that do not spawn new candies
    • Levels with more/fewer candy colours than its Reality counterpart (Dreamworld levels only)
    • Levels with (all special candies IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER)
    • Levels with (all elements IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER - "levels with conveyor belt portals" come first alphabetically before "levels with conveyor belts")
    • Levels with one-layered icing, one-layered sugar chest, two-layered icing, two-layered sugar chest, three, four, five, etc.
    • Levels with (all other blockers IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER)
    • Levels with an unstable moon scale (Dreamworld levels only)
    • Levels with x moon strucks (Dreamworld levels only)
    • Redesigned levels (if level was redesigned)
    • Nerfed/Buffed levels (in order that level was nerfed/buffed)
    • Difficulty
    • Levels with a differnet mobile version (Versions pages only)
    • Levels with an unreleased version (Versions pages only)
    • Levels with reverted versions (Versions pages only)
    • Hexagon levels (where applicable)

    Whenever there are two of the same category on a versions pages for different mobile versions, order them logically, less number first, than greater. All categories are generally lumped together but in the correct order.

    Episode pages

    • Episodes (Automatically updated)
    • Dreamworld episodes (automatically updated)
    • World (differentiate from Reality and Dreamworld)
    • World openers/finales
    • Episodes released in (year)
    • Difficulty (in increasing order)

    I hope this tutorial helps you out a little bit with how to edit categories (and not confuse you more lol)! If you have any questions about categories, feel free to ask me (who always responds to you via Community Central), Rose, Elsa, or DCG!

    I hope you enjoy reading, and don't forget to leave a kudos or a comment! Thank you very much.

    -Primetime (talk) 02:44, July 20, 2016 (UTC)

      Loading editor
    • Thumbs-up-iconSupport
      I support your idea. LOL, not all countries have summer breaks, because there are some users who are not in northern countries, as we know that.
        Loading editor
    • Thumbs-up-iconSupport
      Nice idea. I like it.
        Loading editor
    • Excuse me?! You delete MY opinion?! Now I see this Wikia has dictators who support only people who like everything and people who oppose are out -_-

        Loading editor
    • Thumbs-up-iconSupport
      Great Idea! ^_^
        Loading editor
    • MLPDude425 wrote:
      Excuse me?! You delete MY opinion?! Now I see this Wikia has dictators who support only people who like everything and people who oppose are out -_-

      So what's your point?

        Loading editor
    • MLPDude425 wrote:
      Excuse me?! You delete MY opinion?! Now I see this Wikia has dictators who support only people who like everything and people who oppose are out -_-

      Well, you were opposing this idea because you find it stupid. You have a right to express your own opinion, but not in a dramatic way. This is why your comment have been deleted. You are opssing this idea simply because you find it stupid, no other reason. Also, why don't you think of another better reason to disagree with this idea? It seems like you're saying the one thinks of this idea is stupid, and that's not a nice thing to say.

        Loading editor
    • Roseturnip wrote:
      MLPDude425 wrote:
      Excuse me?! You delete MY opinion?! Now I see this Wikia has dictators who support only people who like everything and people who oppose are out -_-
      Well, you were opposing this idea because you find it stupid. You have a right to express your own opinion, but not in a dramatic way. This is why your comment have been deleted. You are opssing this idea simply because you find it stupid, no other reason. Also, why don't you think of another better reason to disagree with this idea? It seems like you're saying the one thinks of this idea is stupid, and that's not a nice thing to say.

      In this case we should restore his oppose comment, but we can just edit out the 'stupid' part.

        Loading editor
    • LucasH181 wrote:

      Roseturnip wrote:
      MLPDude425 wrote:
      Excuse me?! You delete MY opinion?! Now I see this Wikia has dictators who support only people who like everything and people who oppose are out -_-
      Well, you were opposing this idea because you find it stupid. You have a right to express your own opinion, but not in a dramatic way. This is why your comment have been deleted. You are opssing this idea simply because you find it stupid, no other reason. Also, why don't you think of another better reason to disagree with this idea? It seems like you're saying the one thinks of this idea is stupid, and that's not a nice thing to say.

      In this case we should restore his oppose comment, but we can just edit out the 'stupid' part.

      I agree with it. It was not too offensive.

        Loading editor
    • LucasH181 wrote: In this case we should restore his oppose comment, but we can just edit out the 'stupid' part.

      The comment contains nothing but "This idea is stupid -_-". It looks dramatic in some way, as I can't trust the comment enough. The comment is just mentioning about 'stupid' and '-_-' face. It seems like the user wanted to pick a drama on this thread.

      Besides, the user is also leaving a rude comment on this thread, which can be seen on here. You may find it more offensive.

        Loading editor
    • Roseturnip wrote:
      LucasH181 wrote: In this case we should restore his oppose comment, but we can just edit out the 'stupid' part.
      The comment contains nothing but "This idea is stupid -_-". It looks dramatic in some way, as I can't trust the comment enough. The comment is just mentioning about 'stupid' and '-_-' face. It seems like the user wanted to pick a drama on this thread.

      Besides, the user is also leaving a rude comment on this thread, which can be seen on here. You may find it more offensive.

      We can just edit his comment to 'This idea is bad.'

      On a side note, what comment did he leave on that thread?

        Loading editor
    • "HEY!!! REMOVE STELLA NOW!! SHE IS NOT A CANDY CRUSH SAGA CHARACTER, ONLY A RETARDED IDIOT PUT HER INTO CANDY CRUSH SAGA -_-"

      This is clearly offensive, especially with these wordings and caps.

        Loading editor
    • Hate to say it Rose, but, wern't you like, hooked on caps back in the day?

        Loading editor
    • Emmaelise401 wrote: Hate to say it Rose, but, wern't you like, hooked on caps back in the day?

      ...What is your point? Emma?

        Loading editor
    • MLPDude425 wrote:
      Excuse me?! You delete MY opinion?! Now I see this Wikia has dictators who support only people who like everything and people who oppose are out -_-

      You came here 1 and half hour ago and you expect everyone likes your opinion? These people has been here way longer and knows these things better than you

        Loading editor
    • Emmaelise401 wrote: Hate to say it Rose, but, wern't you like, hooked on caps back in the day?

      For what I understand, this is a quote that MLPDude425 commented on Thread:358512.

        Loading editor
    • DoCheonGong
      DoCheonGong removed this reply because:
      Rewritten without reply addon
      08:42, July 21, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Anyway, I would go back to the main topic. I once came up with an idea that adding categories automatically based on order provided on the thread. However, if it is done completely, templates that used on level articles like {{Blocker}}, {{Other}}, should not be used on other namespaces but main namespace.

        Loading editor
    • Thumbs-up-iconSupport
      I tried this too unofficially.
        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.