| Removed content
This page contains information about content that was previously in the game but now got removed.
Time was a main feature in Candy Crush Saga before the removal of time levels starting from 2018. It is a limit present in timed levels and mixed levels with a time limit, as opposed to the moves limit which is present in all other level types. The time can go from a mere 10 seconds (0:10) for level 1198 to a generous 3 minutes (3:00) for level 343. The time limit is increased by 5 seconds (0:05) for every extra time candy destroyed. However, the time cannot be extended over the original maximum time limit. For example, in level 1198, where the time limit is 10 seconds (0:10), if you destroy an extra time candy when there are 9 seconds (0:09) left, the time can only be extended to 10 seconds (0:10) and no further.
When the timer has 5 seconds (0:05) remaining, it begins to pulse red as a warning and you hear a ticking sound (Facebook). On mobile devices, you hear the ticking and that starts at 10 seconds (0:10) remaining. If the time has run out and you haven't reached the target score (only possible after Sugar Crush), the game will ask you to buy extra time boosters or end the game, and you will get a level failed screen.
- Most timed levels have a 1-minute (1:00) or a 30-second (0:30) time limit.
- Level 252 was a timed level in which millions of points could be earned and could be played indefinitely. However, it has been changed into a moves level instead.
- Hard timed levels tend to have 1 minute and 30 seconds (1:30).
- Shuffles used to cost 5 seconds (0:05) on the web version prior to the release of Sour Salon. Now the time freezes while the board is shuffled.
- If you press the quit button, the time will stop.
- This also happens if a conveyor belt moves.
- In Level 1198, mobile players will always hear a ticking sound as the timer starts at 10 seconds (0:10), and cannot be extended beyond that limit.
- This feature no longer exists on mobile after the 2018 removal of timed levels.