|“||Form a Wrapped Candy by matching candies in a T or L shape.||”|
|“||Wrapped candy blow up surrounding candies with a sugary blast!||”|
A wrapped candy is one of the main special candies in Candy Crush Saga. It is a regular candy in a similar coloured wrapper. They are formed when an intersecting match is formed, but none of the intersections contain a line of 5 or more candies. The simplest case is 5 candies in an L or T shape. They award at least 200 points upon creation and 1000 points (+40 points per candy or blocker layer removed) per explosion.
When it is activated, it explodes and 8 surrounding candies (3×3 board space) are cleared. Then the candy that exploded will flash and wait until all candies are fully dropped and will explode a second time. This is why Wrapped Candies destroy more candies than a Striped Candy, but it does not have a large range.
On web version, if after the first explosion there is a candy match that is linked to the same colour as the wrapped candy, the match will work once (even creating special candies if it is longer than 3) and destroy the other candies first. Then it will finally explode the second time. This creates more candy destruction.
Matching 5 candies in a T or L shape creates a wrapped candy. Matching a wrapped candy creates a 3 by 3 box of candies.
Combinations with special candies
- When you create a wrapped candy + striped candy combination, the first candy you swipe becomes the giant candy.
- However, if one of them is a candy frog, the frog will always become a giant "frog candy".
- It is not possible to directly form a + shape to form a wrapped candy using one switch. However, it is possible to strategically create them, as shown in the picture on the right.
- When a single wrapped candy is activated, it will always give 540 points regardless of where it is detonated (unless there are Candy Bombs in blast radius). This is the same for wrapped + wrapped combination in web version. However, on mobile device, the number of points given for wrapped candy + wrapped candy combination varies on the location where the combination takes place.
- The formula is 60 × (tiles of blast area - 1) where the blast area includes missing tiles, but not out-of-board area. As such, when it happens in the board corner, it scores only 480, which is less than a standard wrapped candy.
- When combined with a Striped Candy, all the candies except the selected candies that are used will in some ways activate. In the past, there was a slight glitch on web version where other Wrapped or Striped Candies within the vicinity will be wasted and not activated. As of May 2014 (or late April perhaps), all special candies will activate.
- On web version, this is a 2-phase action, and the special candies will be activated during the first phase of horizontal attacking.
- On mobile however, this is a 3-phase action, where forming the giant candy itself counts as another phase and will trigger other special effects. This phase however only affects part of the objects.
- Wrapped candies can be created (and then detonated) at random by activating a UFO.
- In timed levels, Extra Time Candies will turn into Wrapped Candies during Sugar Crush.
- On web version, by making a wrapped + wrapped combination, they will cause great blasts, pushing other candies far back on the board with a loud noise.
- This did not happen on old mobile versions where they used same blast sound as for standard wrapped candies. In newer versions, other objects will be visually affected by the powerful explosion as well.
- However, this combination is glitchy on web version as it tends to "push" objects off the border such as sugar keys and ingredients. Objects going through dispensers in this way may be replaced with different objects.
- If a cascade chain is too long, a wrapped candy already exploded once will explode again after 3 (web) / 5 (mobile) cascades in a single chain. This also applies to the flashing colour bomb in a colour bomb + wrapped candy combination. This is easily spotted in any open board with 4 colours (including moon struck).
- Since July 2017, the wrapped candy blasts are inaudible. This only applies on HTML5 version. However, the blast sound is back on April 2021. Then, the blast sound and the way it detonates changed on June 2021.
- A wrapped candy already exploded once will not be removed by other effects. However, on mobile version, the flashing colour bomb from old colour + wrapped combination may be detonated earlier. (It does not happen on the web version.)
- On 14 December 2020, the wrapped candy’s order icon changed.
- Wrapped candies can be dispensed from candy cannons, officially starting from 2346. It's chronologically the last element that can be dispensed from candy cannons on Flash version.
- Wrapped candies with a colour that doesn't spawn can be on the starting board for the first time in level 3437.
- Wrapped candies have the tile map code 047.
- The web description was probably supposed to say "Matching a wrapped candy clears a 3 by 3 box of candies."
- Wrapped candies have the order number "7".
- Wrapped candy order is required to unlock order locks from Level 7899.
- Wrapped candies are one of the elements to be tied to the Bonbon Blitz. Wrapped candy bonbon blitz first appears in level 8767.
|Candy Crush Saga special candies|